Author Topic: SO MUCH INTEREST!!!  (Read 3152 times)

Gareth Edwards

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
SO MUCH INTEREST!!!
« on: 20:43, Wed 11 May 2011 »
Considering I only pick my first 5gtt up last friday......ive had some bloke throw his breaks on to tell me he loved it and that he haddnt seen one for ages.

had some other bloke track me down in sainsburys car park today to try and buy her off me...apparently saw me drive in and waited by my 5 till i came out :lol:

street cread is mental with a standard and unmolestered mint 5gtt!!!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: SO MUCH INTEREST!!!
« Reply #1 on: 08:01, Thu 12 May 2011 »
This is the attention i like.

But there is also a negative, the attention you get from every 18yr old with a 1.2 Corsa who is determined to prove something to his bleach blonde lady friend by driving up your ass everywhere.

And the jobsworth policeman who has to double check everything because surely it must be iilegal to drive a car over 10 years old, and he isn't leaving until he has found the slightest of defects.

Gareth Edwards

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:04, Thu 12 May 2011 »
this is very true and im sure that before long i shall be seeing blue lights in my mirrors.

with regards to boys in corsas they could only wish to have my car lol....had one come along side me the other day and put his thumb up at me....so im guessing they cant all be bad :D

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:43, Thu 12 May 2011 »
I drove past an accident a while back now. (when my baby was well) and a copper flagged me down. I thought I was gona get done for my indicator not working. But no he just wanted to have a closer look and said he had one years ago they go like sh@t off a stick don't they???
I thought this was a trap and said "apparently" :lol:
He just laughed and said drive safe. Off I went.

Thought after it was a bit inapropriot as there was another car upside down in the hedge. With someone in it. Lol
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20:21, Thu 12 May 2011 »
Quote from: "smithyr5gt"
I drove past an accident a while back now. (when my baby was well) and a copper flagged me down. I thought I was gona get done for my indicator not working. But no he just wanted to have a closer look and said he had one years ago they go like sh@t off a stick don't they???
I thought this was a trap and said "apparently" :lol:
He just laughed and said drive safe. Off I went.

Thought after it was a bit inapropriot as there was another car upside down in the hedge. With someone in it. Lol
Haha nice story mate! A copper stopped me once in my 5 he just wanted a look around it, and One day a bloke came and knocked at my front door asking if I would sell it, he said he was going to buy it years ago he rememberd the number plate coz it was like his name FRANKO lol.

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20:48, Thu 12 May 2011 »
Nice!
I certainly get more attention in my five than any other car!
My mate has a 400bhp scuby and people walk past his and start talking to me about my 5. He hates it.  :lol:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:09, Thu 12 May 2011 »
I got pulled over after I'd got mine back and on the road for a couple of days but I didn't get out or open the window when the copper walked up. I knew he couldn't see me through the tinted windows and he couldn't open the doors as they're dehandled.
I did open the window eventually while he was standing there trying to talk to me with it closed and when I asked him why I'd been stopped he said "just checking if you were alright?!?! ok then on ya way!" Never mentioned the car at all, I thought he was gonna find loads to whinge about on it and give me a producer or something as we're talking back in the pre- anpr days. I never did work out what it was all about!

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:27, Fri 13 May 2011 »
i got stopped out side cardiff central train station on terroisum laws in my 5, the chekd my boot and engine bay, crackd my grill cos they opend my bonnet to far even though i just told em, and when i pointed it out they just said o well old cars, this ones a pice of shit any way i wouldent worry about it   :evil:

also the excuse "its a renault 5, its suposed to smell like that." dosent go down very well
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:37, Fri 13 May 2011 »
see now thats where i would have then been arrested for gbh!!  :twisted:

a bloke in our local supermarket opend his car door onto mine a while back now.
the misses was sat in the drivers seat and he couldnt see me in the passanger seat. she asked him what he was playing at "couldnt you see the car" he told her to f++k off!!

so me being the nice calm man i am got out, as he wound his windows up and locked all th doors i kicked his door and put a massive! dent in it.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

he just drove off.  :lol:

thing is when i looked there was no damage to mine atal.  :lol:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18:46, Fri 13 May 2011 »
Quote from: "smithyr5gt"
see now thats where i would have then been arrested for gbh!!  :twisted:

a bloke in our local supermarket opend his car door onto mine a while back now.
the misses was sat in the drivers seat and he couldnt see me in the passanger seat. she asked him what he was playing at "couldnt you see the car" he told her to f++k off!!

so me being the nice calm man i am got out, as he wound his windows up and locked all th doors i kicked his door and put a massive! dent in it.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

he just drove off.  :lol:

thing is when i looked there was no damage to mine atal.  :lol:
:lol:  :lol:

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:55, Sat 14 May 2011 »
haha smithy id of kicked his f*cking head in lol :) The street cred of a tidy 5 is amazing, although all thr little chavs want to steal mine lol.
A mate of mines got a 206 180 gti, we were going to the cinema and he went a different way just so he could spank me on the a14. Funny how he booted it and my standard t2 at the time stuck right to his bumper. He hasnt taken the piss since ;)

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16:43, Sat 14 May 2011 »
I probably would have given him a friendly tap if he hadnt locked his doors! Lol

There's a kid lives near me with a Toyota starlet. Thinks he's the boy and keeps wanting a race.
Everytime he sees me he hose on about it.
Now I have fixed my brakes and once it's run in I think I may indulge in a little spanking just to shut him up!  :lol:

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22:53, Sat 14 May 2011 »
Oh yes, i equalled a glanza local to me when i was running 12psi lol. They are quick but no match for the 5!

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:01, Sun 15 May 2011 »
relay i never no what to make of em, all the local cocks round by me are in em
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST