Author Topic: Good Reliable Turbo Car !!  (Read 23044 times)

coupe20vturbo

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 17:40, Sun 02 March 2008 »
Fiat Coupe 20v turbo's are reliable as long as you regularly service them 8)
280bhp and rising

jamie

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 19:54, Mon 03 March 2008 »
my mate bought a brand new fabia vrs, had the turbo worked by turbo technics through skoda and had them fit it and it is still covered by the skoda warranty. it pumps out just short of 250 bhp and 500nm of torque. absolutely flies. well it did till it spunked its load outta the exhaust. apparantly the waste gate was sticking and at times was boosting at 3 bar :twisted: . skoda honoured it though and give him an engine out of an a4 that fell off of a car transporter backwards :oops: . fair play to em.
spinney spinney drinkey drinkey

tree

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 20:01, Mon 03 March 2008 »
Jamie,

What a load of bull!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 20:19, Mon 03 March 2008 »
im 28 yrs old, why the fuck would i wanna bullshit for. he is only 19 as well, fuck knows what his insurance is. when skoda opened it up they said there were signs of severe abuse. massive play in shaft and the cylinders were all scored. apparantly he absolutely rags it from cold and treats it as a 19 yr would treat anything i suppose. we were doin a go karting thing when i first had a go in it and the next person to take it out that night were the ones that it blew up on. i would have felt well bad if it had been me but thay didnt give a fuck!

tree

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 20:27, Mon 03 March 2008 »
Jamie,

You may have reached the grand old age of 28 but the workings of car manufacturers' warranty schemes seems to have passed you by. I can assure you that replacement engines, or other parts, replaced under warranty do not come from Audi A4's that have fallen off the back of a transporter.

Before you ask, "yes" I have owned a Skoda, a MK1 Octavia VRs and "yes" I have warranty work carried out and I am sure that the parts used were not from a damaged car off a transporter.

What a load of bull, I say again. Your "story" is just that!

jamie

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 20:37, Mon 03 March 2008 »
ok, we will have to agree to disagree on this one  :D  the audi engine was a compromise between them as the engine was sent to swindon i think to be analysed and they could not prove it was the abuse that did it and not the waste gate that was down to them. i have got one thing wrong though, it is 230 bhp and not 250 as i have just spoken to him, 190 before it was even remapped.

tree

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 21:04, Mon 03 March 2008 »
I still smell it Jamie.....

To give you an idea of the real world this is an extract from an advert over at briskoda.net for a modified fabia. You'll see that he's well short of your 19 year old mate's "claims". 220-230bhp claimed here....

53 Fabia vRS 2003
Black Magic Metallic

Factory Fitted Options
Xenons with Headlight washer jets
Heated Seats
Electric Sunroof
Cruise Control
Passenger Seat Height Adjustment

Modifications

Allard VT5 turbo, custom manifold, downpipe, turbo intake pipe etc (easy 2.0 bar achieved and held)
Allard/Miguel remap - estimated 220-230bhp (Turbo capable of around 265bhp with uprated injectors)
Allard Race Pipe (EGR delete)
Forge FMIC
Blueflame full exhaust with 100 cel sports Cat
Uprated Helix 5 paddle clutch
PD160 modified intake with JR panel filter
Jabba rear ARB
Eibach rear spacers
Seatsport front strutbrace
Audi TT225 front brakes in Skoda green (312mm)
Pirelli PZero Neros/Goodyear F1s with plenty of tread left on all four tyres

jamie

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 17:58, Tue 04 March 2008 »
i think i might smell it as well now looking at that as there is no way that amount of work has been done on it. i have never seen a print out for it either and it is hard to tell the power of a diesel as i am used to petrol cars. only thing i could base it on is my battered old vito and dont think it is much of a comparison. :D