Author Topic: Rover 220i turbo for free?  (Read 1482 times)

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Rover 220i turbo for free?
« on: 17:39, Mon 11 April 2011 »
So here is an interesting one.

Everytime me and the missus go to the pictures we always use the same car park and i noticed that there was a totally standard rover 220i turbo sitting in the same spot every week. eventually it got so thick of dust i assumed it must have been abandoned so i had a check with the security guard and he said it belonged to a chinese student who had since left the country. i've emailed the car park company and asked them what they think about the situation. waiting to hear word back from them. next step is to check it out with the police and DVLA and make sure it hasnt been reported stolen. and depends wether the car park will let it go as it obviously has outstanding parking fines that havent been payed and i dont want to get lumped with those when/if i become the registered keeper.

Just thought i'd put it up here and see what you lads thought.

what you wreckon?

craigp

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rover 220i turbo for free?
« Reply #1 on: 20:05, Mon 11 April 2011 »
I've heard about this before mate, have a look here

http://passionford.com/forum/general-ca ... 450-a.html

If you have to register I will copy and paste

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rover 220i turbo for free?
« Reply #2 on: 22:52, Mon 11 April 2011 »
Quote from: "craigp"
I've heard about this before mate, have a look here

http://passionford.com/forum/general-ca ... 450-a.html

If you have to register I will copy and paste

Yeah i read that to get some of my info....is that the one about the escossie that he ended up paying 450quid for. just thought I'd get a post of our own going on the R5gtt forum! hehe.
the difference was his was abandoned on a public road. this one is in a car park with parking tickets....mmmmmm