Author Topic: Hi all :) from Lincoln  (Read 3074 times)

Wade

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi all :) from Lincoln
« on: 00:53, Sat 09 April 2011 »
Hey everyone totally new to the R5 world and love it :)

Basicly I bought a R5 Monaco with a R5GTT conversion which i believe to be done by Markymark who I hear is pretty much a legend in this world?!  8)

Bought the car off a guy I know in Hinckley and owns Htec Elite Performace.

Loving the car does seem to have a few issues but only came on today maybe due to the crazy hot weather we've had today but hoping a few of you will know the answers and be able to suggest things i can do to improve the car. :)

Little about me I'm 21 live in Lincoln work on Oil and Gas onshore drilling rigs. :)

Thanks for reading cheers!

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all :) from Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: 08:54, Sat 09 April 2011 »
Hi wade, welcome to the club mate. Get some pics of your 5 uploaded and am sure you will get some advice on your issues, especially from markeymark, he is very helpfull on this site.

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:50, Wed 13 April 2011 »
come along mate, i see you bought the Monaco Turbo i did for Kenobi do hope its going ok with few tweeks here and there that'll be a fairly quick car.

If have any probs more than happy to help out mate.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:10, Wed 13 April 2011 »
Welcome mate, i think ive seen your 5 at marks. I like it mate i also like the fact that its about a 1/4 inch from the floor ;)

Wade

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:43, Thu 14 April 2011 »
Hey guys sorry for late reply been at work.

Car is great thanks Mark :)

Yeah does look great slammed on its arse but reality is it's to low and bouncey and tends to scrape on the exhaust so will more than likely get it raised at the back.

Only plans for car at the moment is relocate the header tank and relocate air filter to where header tank was can get a head sheild over turbo. Giving off to my much heat and heat-soaking air filter. Also thinking of gettinga perc fan fitted with a fuse within the wiring so kill it if things do start to go tits up :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17:52, Fri 15 April 2011 »
Thats good mate glad your enjoying it

If you intend to fit a perc fan you'll need to fit a gt loom as i bu the car still using the campus loom.  Well worth fitting the fuse but also make sure all woring is tuck away nicely as thats main killer of these cars
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Wade

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:31, Fri 22 April 2011 »
There was a fog light loom left in the boot so will use that to sort some sort of wiring out for it :)