Author Topic: R5 Campus conversion.  (Read 2757 times)

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
R5 Campus conversion.
« on: 17:01, Thu 07 April 2011 »
On the stardard 5 campus, how hard would it be to take those annoying plastic panels off the doors and rear quarters?

Is there a specific thread for doing an r5 campus comversion to a R5GTT? dont want to waste peoples time asking questions that might already have been Asked/Answered before.

Cheers

James

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: R5 Campus conversion.
« Reply #1 on: 17:30, Thu 07 April 2011 »
Quote from: "rainey_y2k"
On the stardard 5 campus, how hard would it be to take those annoying plastic panels off the doors and rear quarters?

Is there a specific thread for doing an r5 campus comversion to a R5GTT? dont want to waste peoples time asking questions that might already have been Asked/Answered before.

Cheers

James

The campus plastics are held on with clips maninly except for the rear of the quater panel ones which have 10mm nuts under arch, once removed the nuts the pull off.

As for turbo conversion on campus don't think there is a specific build thread but its pretty easy to do if your mechanically minded. I done 3 so far myself last being this one

BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:39, Fri 08 April 2011 »
Cheers for that markey! thats what i needed. Thanks for the picture aswell mate. You dont know of a cheap 5 campus knocking about do you?

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:54, Mon 11 April 2011 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
Quote from: "rainey_y2k"

Cheers

James

The campus plastics are held on with clips maninly except for the rear of the quater panel ones which have 10mm nuts under arch, once removed the nuts the pull off.

As for turbo conversion on campus don't think there is a specific build thread but its pretty easy to do if your mechanically minded. I done 3 so far myself last being this one

So how easy is it to do the conversion yourself then?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15:28, Tue 12 April 2011 »
Its easy to do the conversion mate, most of it is case of swaping parts over and making few bits fit. Wiring is easy too with only few extra wires need to be run.

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23:27, Tue 19 April 2011 »
will give you a shout when it comes to the engine. Would you be willing to stay up in durham if i put you up and gave you some spending money? wouldnt be for atleast a year. just would be good to know who is up for doing engine stuff on the forum.

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14:11, Thu 21 April 2011 »
Yeah thats cool mate, more than happy to help out with the engine conversion

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17:17, Thu 21 April 2011 »
thats class mate cheers! :D