Author Topic: Advice please.....  (Read 1688 times)

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Advice please.....
« on: 16:53, Thu 07 April 2011 »
So I was loking to start a project. I have a garage where i can store an R5 so i am in no rush to get one of these pocket rockets on the road, just want a hobby for the weekend. I was looking on the net to see if i could find an old banged up 5 for a couple of hundred quid but not having that much luck so i wondered if it was worth buying a 5 campus. i would start off doing the cosmetics but looking at the 5 campus, it has those weird plastic bits on the doors and over the rear quarters. wondered if anyone had ventured down this route and wondered how much of a pain in the backside it would be to take those panels off and get it looking like a turbo??? and if anyone knows where i could buy an R5 campus or banged up turbo, gimme a shout.

Cheers.

James

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please.....
« Reply #1 on: 17:02, Thu 07 April 2011 »
Sorry just realised i posted this in newbies by accident! Sorry I'm a n00b!

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:44, Thu 07 April 2011 »
Jay fella tHere is a campus in my local scrappy. It's in ok condition to.
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:12, Thu 07 April 2011 »
You'll find 5 campuses on ebay quite regularly. The actual campus itself doesn't usually have the silly plastic things on the sides to begin with although some do. If you don't go the turbo route and do get one with the plastics then there's little studs behind which hold them on which are just a grinder job, bit of filler and paint unless you're respraying the whole car & Bob's yer uncle!

rainey_y2k

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:40, Fri 08 April 2011 »
Quote from: "smithyr5gt"
Jay fella tHere is a campus in my local scrappy. It's in ok condition to.

Where is your local scrappy?! :D