Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2044 times)

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: 16:11, Wed 13 April 2011 »
Hey folks whatup been browsing the site for a few years now and finally registered, i'm 20 and from the wirral :D Always loved 5's since a young age and finally got one, it took a while though, i first planned to get one up near dundee but the fella text me the night before going up saying his girlfriend had crashed it so that was abit shit. 2nd time round i bought a raider :D it was mint, fella took me out for a spin and everything shook the guys hand and drove off, got about 2 miles and it blew the top rad hose, engine still ran but it was most likely baked as i seen it on pistonheads with a full rebuild 600 pound cheaper :@ i did get my money back though:) Recently bought G567HAB if anyone knows of it :) i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me raise the boost a little? it's running 10psi according to the bloke who sold me it but apparently it's capable of 19. it doesn't have and in car adjuster or that and i don't want to run 19 i was thinking around a bar psi which is 13.5or14.5? could anyone help me out here detailed pictures would be much appreciated :D ~ Jay

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 16:35, Wed 13 April 2011 »
Does it have a bleed valve in the engine bay mate? It will be connected up with vac hoses and have a circular top which you can turn.

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16:48, Wed 13 April 2011 »
doesn't have one mate i remember the lad saying something about it being adjusted by the actuator arm or something  :?

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17:09, Wed 13 April 2011 »
welcome to the club    :D

to up the boost you need to shorten the actuator arm by tightening the nut on it.
a bar of boost should be fine, but ideally you want to have the fueling checked for any increase of pressure