Author Topic: Mint Classic  (Read 1413 times)

classic5

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Mint Classic
« on: 19:01, Fri 01 April 2011 »
Right, first post on this forum.. or any forum as it stands

basically I've had my 5 since last December now, I was over the moon when I picked up my baby 'cause it's actually mint; as it stands; 62k on the clock, no dents, two minmal rust patches (scuttle panel and a tiny bit on the passenger door sill)
it's not a turbo, simply a campus 1.4 but the interior and shell seems pretty much brand new for a 16 year old car!
 this was it in the winter

sadly its been sat in my garage for a while now, turned over quite frequently and i have a little obsession with the cleaning and polishing

my plans are to keep it as a mint little classic as 5's are my favoruite cars (other than AE86's and the like)

at the moment i want to make a few little changes to it but not sure how to go about them?
my dash.. is it possible to fit a r5 gtt dash (speedo/rev counter etc) in as obviously it seems longer and includes the rev counter which my one doesnt :(

no engine problems or anything atm, only a lose fly wheel which im hopefully getting on this week.. i also have gtt bumpers so they'll be colour coded after i've painted them up again but will they fit standard or am i gonna have to make some adjustments?

i get this is quite a long post but as i say.. first one, i've done bits of car work before but this will be my first lot off my own  back but thought it was about time i showed my car some proper love ;)
clare

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Classic
« Reply #1 on: 19:43, Fri 01 April 2011 »
Nice campus looks very clean and looked after. I think the bumpers should bolt straight on but mite not look right without the arch trims as I think the gt turbo,s are a little wider, also you mite be able to just swop the clocks for turbo items to get the rev counter instead ov swopping the whole dash but unsure if you could get it to work, am sure someone else will be able to help.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Classic
« Reply #2 on: 10:48, Sat 02 April 2011 »
welcome to the club mate, my 5 started its live as a non turbo and since i have chanced all parts for gt turbo items from engine to interior found that they all fit inc dash and clocks but with the clocks the speedos are different, on the turbos the speedo is not cable driven