Author Topic: Ignition barrel problems.. need some help please !!  (Read 1387 times)

davidbuttigieg

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Ignition barrel problems.. need some help please !!
« on: 18:25, Sat 12 March 2011 »
I am currently running a volvo engine so I need to feed the ECU from the ignition, but apparently my ignition barrel is dropping current while cranking the engine so I've decided to eliminate the barrel and use a toggle switch as my 'ignition ON' and a momentary push button swith as my starter.

Now, this is where I need your help. The barrel has 4 wires, divided in 2 pairs - red & orange and 2 yellow. How do I connect my switches ??

davidbuttigieg

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ignition barrel problems.. need some help please !!
« Reply #1 on: 18:03, Sun 13 March 2011 »
any help?? pleaseeee

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:49, Sun 13 March 2011 »
Red is your 12v in, orange is starter soleniod wire, the 2 yellow wires are aux 12v feeds. Thats 99% sure but its not hard to check with multimeter to be certain
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

davidbuttigieg

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:59, Sun 13 March 2011 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
Red is your 12v in, orange is starter soleniod wire, the 2 yellow wires are aux 12v feeds. Thats 99% sure but its not hard to check with multimeter to be certain

So I must connect the red to one side of the toggle switch (Ignition switch) and both yellow on the other side, also from this side a piece of wire going to one side of the push button switch and the orange one on the other side (of the push button). Right ?