Author Topic: Big ktec front mount pics?  (Read 2847 times)

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Big ktec front mount pics?
« on: 18:36, Mon 07 March 2011 »
Anyone got some piccys of a standard front bumper cut out to fit the big ktec front mount? Im getting one soon but wanna keep the standard front so got a feeling there isnt going to be much left of it! :)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Big ktec front mount pics?
« Reply #1 on: 10:12, Tue 08 March 2011 »
I really dont think your going to get the intercooler behind a standard bumper, not without making it look gash imo. Ive got the same intercooler and ive had to cut brackets and jiggle with pipe work to get it as near to the crossmember as possible, ive got an aftermarket A&J tuning bumper which is similar to the oe shape bumper and i had to extend it outwards by 50mm just to clear the cooler, i know you wanted pics with a standard bumper but heres a pic of how far it sticks out even with me playing with it :roll:. Good luck tho  :lol:  love to see the pics of the transformation.

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:01, Tue 08 March 2011 »
I love your car mate lol 8) Well the thing is i want a fmic but if i change the front bumper then the rest will want changing and tbh i just want it looking as standard as possible.
Im sure it can be done but like you say might look shite  :(

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14:29, Tue 08 March 2011 »
Quote from: "BabyBluGTT"
I love your car mate lol 8) Well the thing is i want a fmic but if i change the front bumper then the rest will want changing and tbh i just want it looking as standard as possible.
Im sure it can be done but like you say might look shite  :(

Cheers for comment bud :D , aint everyones cup of tea, its not always mine :lol: id love a standard (ish) GT but mine was far from standard when i got it so ive just gone down a route not to many other people have :lol:.

As for the front mount it sounds like you havent bought one yet, im sure someone on here knows what size intercooler would fit behind a standard bumper, a universal one would be best then just route the piping yourself i wish id done it this way :roll: would have been a dam sight cheaper but when i bought it i didnt have a scooby :oops:

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15:43, Tue 08 March 2011 »
Only reason he is going for K-Tec one is i come across one cheap  :wink:

For me universal ones are better and do fit behind standard bumpers easier, but Babyblue was keen on this K-Tec one!  :D
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16:07, Tue 08 March 2011 »
As MArk may have already suggested, the only way to fit it with OE looks will be to cut the crash bar out & poss the bumper... or both.

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16:45, Tue 08 March 2011 »
Yes that is why  :lol: I have a feeling we'll be cutting everything out but hey ho im up for that  :)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17:02, Tue 08 March 2011 »
Get some pics whilst your doing it, me likey long time :)

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19:52, Tue 08 March 2011 »
Shall do chap, need to get a thread up really!