Author Topic: Rear wiper washer pipe route & rear torsion adjustment  (Read 2066 times)

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Rear wiper washer pipe route & rear torsion adjustment
« on: 18:55, Tue 01 March 2011 »
Hi, does anyone know where the washer pipe from the rear washer pump goes through the bulkhead? The clear pipe is their for the front washers but not the rear? It had a few bits taken off the car before i bought it?
Also any tips on adjusting the rear ride height on the 2 part torsion bars..... cant seem to adjust both sides within probably 4" of each other? It's either really low or really high.

Nearly at the end of this project... apart from the almost bare shell, the rest came in 7 box's and iv'e never owned one before so feeling quite happy that it's nearly Bloody done!

Thanks Alex

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: Rear wiper washer pipe route & rear torsion adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 20:30, Tue 01 March 2011 »
rear washer pipe runs alongisde the inner sill on the drives side of the car remove the plastic around the bottom of the door fram, and push the carpet over partly and you will see the clear pipe, it will then go up alongside and into the rear drivers side quarter and the goes upto the tailgate and then back down to the washer jet.

Torsin bar is a iece oif piss matey, axle stands, wheels of bars for both sides out, using a jack and trolling jack on each side raise the bar, meaure from the inside of the inner wing down to the center of the rear hub and make not of measruement details on each side and set to match then when you have what you want slide the bars back in.

Don't forget to adjust the rear brake bias when you lower the rear.

Where are you based matey, if your local I don't mind giving a hand??

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:43, Tue 01 March 2011 »
Thanks mate. So, to be clear, put the car up on axle stands, removed wheels, slide out torsion bars abit, then jack or pull down the hub, measure, do the same the other side & slid the bars back in? I live i Chatham in Kent.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 00:28, Wed 02 March 2011 »
Pull the bars out so the splines pop out completely in the centre.

They are infinitely adjustable, just raise/lower the suspension to whatever you want the height to be and then keep rotating the torsion bar until it slides back in.

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:31, Wed 02 March 2011 »
Nice one! I wasn't turning the bars :?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15:35, Wed 02 March 2011 »
dude, to low is fine  8)
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #6 on: 16:18, Wed 02 March 2011 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
dude, to low is fine  8)

:lol:  Be careful though I went low and i snapped a shortened spax rear damper :lol:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20:10, Wed 02 March 2011 »
Quote from: "alexwebber"
I live i Chatham in Kent.
Ye someone else not to far from me, im from Sittingbourne.

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:29, Thu 03 March 2011 »
it was so low, i probably had 1 or 2 inchs untill the tyres bottomed out :lol: Def know what to do now. I'm getting mine rolling roaded in Sittingbourne soon. Not many places around the touch carbs now! I used to have a Corrado Vr6 with a Vortech Supercharger and most rolling roaders would rather accomadate that i think :o

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:38, Thu 03 March 2011 »
Where you going BD engineering? Nice transport cafe 5mins walk from there  :lol:

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21:46, Thu 03 March 2011 »
Yeah BD engineering. Popped down their today to have a look but the nowhere was their. Spoke to the bloke next door... he said BD engineering seem pretty good. It's about 9 miles from my house. Will take it easy when i drive it their once its booked in. Don't think the fueling is to far out. Gona up the boost on the T2 :P

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14:38, Fri 04 March 2011 »
That would be interesting to see if he can rejet the carb correctly and how much it would cost, could you put a thread up or pm me and let me know how it went, when you getting it booked in for?

I was going to buy an afr gauge and drill out the carb jets myself, but if he can do it then i might get him to do it,

As for if hes any good my mate went in with a S2 RST it started off with 160bhp by the end of it he went out with 230bhp, and he sorted my old 200sx out that my mate bought with good results but there all ecu cars so cant say about the carb side of things, let us know buddy

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22:22, Fri 04 March 2011 »
Providing the car doesn't fail MOT on to many things, it should be booked in for 3 or 4 weeks. Will keep you posted.... and/or put up a thread!

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:41, Sat 05 March 2011 »
That would be perfect for me im hoping to get car on road by mid April then ill either try setting up carb myself with afr or if youve got good reports ill go to BD Engineering, cheers matey

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19:26, Sat 05 March 2011 »
hi mate. Checked at BD Engineering today....... bloke sounds pretty good! He won't be using AFR as i don't have an adaptor welded onto my manifold. He will stick a couple of sniffers up the pipe. Finally the car is ready now so will get it booked early this week. A couple a weeks and it should be ready for hammering around Kent 8)