Author Topic: uprated head gasket....where  (Read 1796 times)

toomuchboost

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
uprated head gasket....where
« on: 16:48, Tue 15 February 2011 »
hello all wondering if u know where the full copper head gasket can be purchased and also your opions on the k tec uprated one ...as it looks jus like a standard one i bought the other day.
has any one tried the athena multi layer steel gaskets on the r5 read that block face and head face have to be perfect asnd my block is fairlt badly pitted in places ..chhers all

linni

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: uprated head gasket....where
« Reply #1 on: 17:21, Tue 15 February 2011 »
the ktec gaskets are slightly thicker iirc mate i got one with some hi tensile bolts from them a month or so back
theres really no need for full copper gaskets etc
standard or blue seal are perfectly fine aslong as fuelling is correctly set up you shouldnt have any problems.
should really see the headgasket as a fuse as its the cheapest thing to replace as apposed to a set of liners etc copper gaskets are less likely to be damaged by poor fuelling /boost mixtures  which could end in expensive tears  :lol:
hope this helps

toomuchboost

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18:26, Tue 15 February 2011 »
ok cheers mate already split a liner due to weak mixture and det. have been looking at the blue seal gaskets from k tec and they jus look standard to me ..u never know if theydo actualy have the extra layer of steel in them ..already got high tensile bolts so will give the k tec gasket a try cheers pal   :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:40, Tue 15 February 2011 »
Quote from: "toomuchboost"
ok cheers mate already split a liner due to weak mixture and det. have been looking at the blue seal gaskets from k tec and they jus look standard to me ..u never know if theydo actualy have the extra layer of steel in them ..already got high tensile bolts so will give the k tec gasket a try cheers pal   :)

To be honest mate the K-Tec gaskets are same one every over tuner sold and are same design as a standard gasket, in thoery it is a standard gasket just thicker then the red seal one.
You won't need anything different to the red or blue seal gasket, a well set up car will never blow one of them no matter how much boost is put through it
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.