Author Topic: Old school  (Read 2230 times)

craigp

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Old school
« on: 23:04, Sun 06 February 2011 »
Since I've been out of the Renault scene for a few years messing around with fords and vauxhalls I've recently been getting the urge for another 5.

The thing is I 've been looking at all the tuners that were around last time (2002), what's happened to the likes of europarts in Stoke, grey devil industries and bb performance tuning?
Is it because lot's of 5 have been scrapped and the owners moved on to jap stuff  :?:

Just curious really  :D

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boostjunkies.co.uk
Re: Old school
« Reply #1 on: 23:32, Sun 06 February 2011 »
Same with all business really bud they move on to other newer models/makes,
go bust or sell up, just the big boys left GTtuning etc on the 5's really but they have moved onto the cleo's and other new turbo'd renaults,
Brodie Britttain Racing is still at Brackley, Northampton but don't advertise much about the R5 gtt tuning,  but still have a good knowledge,

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:12, Mon 07 February 2011 »
GT Tuning stopped doing stuff for 5 years ago and moved onto Mini's now
BB Tuning shut down year or so ago
Europarts shut down few years ago too
Not too sure about Grey Devil Industries but believe they gove up on 5's too

There are hardly any main tuning shops out there now as alot of members do there own work to there cars so business for tuners kind of dried up plus 5 owners soon relaised half the stuff they sold didn't really work well.

There are a few members/people out there (me being one) who do work in there spare time on 5's so there's always someone out there doing some owrk on 5's still
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

craigp

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14:54, Tue 08 February 2011 »
Cheers for the answers lads   :D

I suppose alot of tuners these days would rather plug a laptop into a modern car rather than messing about with a 20 year old french rust bucket  :lol:

Shame really  :(

Mark just had a look at your page on facebook looking good mate  8)