Author Topic: 2011 - which induction kit would you recommend?  (Read 1822 times)

VintageSpeed

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
2011 - which induction kit would you recommend?
« on: 22:38, Sat 29 January 2011 »
I know millions of topics on this already, but induction kits also change or get uprated or new ones come out...

So I'm going to get an induction plug-play kit (no relocation) which one can you guy recommend?  As gains are minimal I've read, let's go for good filtering and nice suction noice  :mrgreen:

thanks!

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 - which induction kit would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: 11:41, Mon 31 January 2011 »
If you not going to re-route the new aftermarket induction kit to a decent location I would personally stick with the OE filter box and just stick a K&N element in it's place.  

If you remove the box and stick a filter where the box used to be your new filter will merely just be sucking in the hot air from the engine bay which to be honest is not what you want.  With the OE box the air filter element is protected by the box itself and you have the ram air pipe feeding cold air directly into it.

VintageSpeed

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:54, Mon 31 January 2011 »
if you stick with the location, would those BMC carbon airbox replacements be a good solution to keep away the heat from the turbo charger, but still have better air suction?

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:19, Mon 31 January 2011 »
Quote from: "VintageSpeed"
if you stick with the location, would those BMC carbon airbox replacements be a good solution to keep away the heat from the turbo charger, but still have better air suction?

To be honest it will work no different to a standard airbox with a performance replacement element in it so i'd save money and go for something like K&N element in a standard box instead of the BMC kit
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.