Author Topic: brakes  (Read 932 times)

tony5turbo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
brakes
« on: 16:10, Fri 11 February 2011 »
hi i got a renault 5 gt turbo i have a problem with the brakes, i haved changed the survo because it was makesing a hissing noise on pumping, i put a new master cylinder, new back calipers and still cant get no fluid to the brakes. dose anyone have any idear hat this could be or try? thanks very much.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
Re: brakes
« Reply #1 on: 16:24, Fri 11 February 2011 »
Was it a brand new servo or a used one?

Also have you opened up the rear brake bias valve under the rear of the car as this enable you to belled the rears properly??

tony5turbo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:02, Fri 11 February 2011 »
hi thanks very much for the reply, its a second hand one and how do you do what ur on about thanks very much.

Jason_

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 00:11, Sat 12 February 2011 »
Hi,you'll need to bleed the master cylinder first before you attempt bleeding at the calipers.If you don't get any fluid pumping out at the master cylinder pipes when you crack them open a few turns and pump the pedal then the master cylinder seals are shot. When bleeding a master it's best to use this sequence

1.fill reservoir
2.loosen one brake pipe union on the master cylinder a few twists of the spanner
3.brake pedal down and hold it down (fluid should come out of the threads of the pipe/union, you may need to undo union more if nothing happens)
4.tighten brake pipe union
5.brake pedal up (fluid level in reservoir should noticeably drop)
6.repeat steps 2-5 until you get plenty of fluid out with no obvious air.
7.do the other pipes

tony5turbo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:04, Sat 12 February 2011 »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I will try this in the week. I have put a reconditioned master cylinder on it. Thanks again.