Author Topic: Hola from Spain!!  (Read 1977 times)

Tigerpoeton

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Hola from Spain!!
« on: 00:21, Thu 06 January 2011 »
Hi All,

Thought I had better sign up to get some advice, The car world here in Spain doesnt work like in the uk!, Much less choice and 300% more expensive!

Im looking at getting a cheap 5 (Non turbo) and doing the conversion, Hopefully some of you may have done this before and can advise on the process?
The main thing I want to know is would it be possible to put a turbo engine from a uk RHD car into a LHD model? Im thinking the gear linkage cable and stuff would be different?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks all

Tiger

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hola from Spain!!
« Reply #1 on: 04:14, Thu 06 January 2011 »
Welcome to the forum :D

A few people have put GT Turbo engines into none turbo 5's so you'll get some good advice.
As for a RHD engine and gear box, I can't see why it won't work. The gear stick, linkage etc will be in the same place :)

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:16, Thu 06 January 2011 »
welcome to the club  :D

Tigerpoeton

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13:05, Thu 06 January 2011 »
Quote from: "scratcher"
Welcome to the forum :D

A few people have put GT Turbo engines into none turbo 5's so you'll get some good advice.
As for a RHD engine and gear box, I can't see why it won't work. The gear stick, linkage etc will be in the same place :)

Thanks for that im sure this site has loads of advice on the subject, I need to get the car first then get the parts but Im pretty sure I will have no chance of getting a turbo engine here hence why I would need to get one shipped from the uk.

Im thinking the clutch might be a problem I guess it's a cable in the 5's? obviously the pedal is on the wrong side so maybe that would affect it?