Author Topic: Anyone ever dealt with cinquecentos?  (Read 3864 times)

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Anyone ever dealt with cinquecentos?
« on: 19:12, Thu 16 December 2010 »
Ive had an itch for one for ages now and you can get a minter for 500

I seem to love little boxy cars :D

I know the fasted and most powerful one they did would get embarrassed by a 5 campus but listen.
They are dirt cheap, they have all the electrics (if you get the sporting) Windows and locking.
Parts are so so cheap. I found a brand new rad for 30 (they are about 30cm long though)
And there is little history of modifying them to the extremes, there are the odd engine conversion, but theres not much room in the little bay for anything too exciting.
I think it would be a good project to c1j one. Ill make it fit :D

mjc

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever dealt with cinquecentos?
« Reply #1 on: 20:31, Thu 16 December 2010 »
i had one for 2 years it never failed to start in any weather it had a centre exhaust super chip and air filter i used to drive it every day to work and back 120miles a day on the motorway it could do 115MPH all day long much like the five in handling only thing i dent like about it was the brakes they get hot quick  and don't work best 1.1 ive had cheap as chips to buy and run good on petrol too

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:37, Thu 16 December 2010 »
Just what i wanted to hear. Im hoping it will be my daily till ive finished tinkering with the 5, then when thats all done, start the fun on that.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:28, Thu 16 December 2010 »
The best advice I can give is just don't do it!! They get embarassed by the 5 campus in every department - including looks. There's a youtube video on here somewhere of one on fire and the general concensus in the comments is that's what needs to happen to all of 'em!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 00:38, Fri 17 December 2010 »
Get one!

Do something crazy with it, i used to know someone who had one with a turbo conversion (Van Aitkin?) and Nitrous. Ran something daft like 170BHP+. Towed my 205 home with it the once.

There was one featured in a magazine years back with a rear mounted Cosworth engine.  :mrgreen:

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:23, Fri 17 December 2010 »
I know it would be an ironic car, but then again i see the 5 like that. The idea that an old boxy car that could keep up with todays cars is what i live for :D
It would need heavily modding i admit, but it is just so cheap.
Theres a red one with nitro always for sale at silly money

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:37, Fri 17 December 2010 »
Umm i would say dont do it they are horrible cars but thats imo, if you want to do up an old boxy car go for a MK1 fiesta you could make that a right street sleeper but again thats imo  :lol: .

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16:20, Fri 17 December 2010 »
go for it man, as for engine conversions there is a few like the, 1.2 16v mk1 punto sporting motor at 86 bhp, or the 1.4 16v panda sport at 100 bhp, ive even seen the punto GT engine in em, ive even seen a seicento with a c20ex

have a look on here http://www.fiatforum.com/ u should find lots of info there

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16:40, Fri 17 December 2010 »
I'd fit punto GT lump in one, as they use a very basic punto lump anyway a gt lump shouldn't be too hard to fit its just fitting all the extra bits in that small engine bay! :D
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17:20, Fri 17 December 2010 »
My first thought was a coupe turbo engine as ive never seen that before, but it wont physically fit in.
Then i thought the punto turbo engine, but again, theres a hell of alot of work to make it fit, cutting the wings out n whatnot.
Theres the uno turbo engine, same issues, also costing a bomb now.
Or i could just turbo the 1.1 and live with around 100hp
Most popular one is a punto 1.2 conversion.
When i looked at one the bay really is tiny! I lifted the bonnet and nearly tore it off the hinges  :lol:

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22:02, Fri 17 December 2010 »
get one and do the fire 1242 conversion, 86 bhp standard, 16v. I had a 85sx as my first car all stripped out with buckets, custom induction, straight through peco system n decked. Not exactly fast fast but by far the quickest 1.2 around

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 00:32, Sat 18 December 2010 »
Get one, slam it, banded steels... Job's a good'n  8)

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:51, Sat 18 December 2010 »
I keep seeing the fire conversion mentioned, might go that route if its nice and cheap, till i can build myself a turbo, or id love a supercharged cinquecento :D

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15:29, Sat 18 December 2010 »
uno turbo engine is the same as PGT only difference is with the mk1 uno it has a different bore/stroke to the later modle

id go with the 16v fire engine myself there quite nippie as standared or mod it,

mods

supersprint manifold

induction kit

1.6 16v fiat merea 46mm tb

a remap

and u could be talkin 100bhp, then put it on a diet and it'll make for a very lively little car
u could add GT front brakes even a rear disc conversion

but try get a 1.1 sporting cinq to start with, it will make the 16v conversion easyer as u need some parts from it to make it work tho

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20:13, Sat 18 December 2010 »
Yeah good point. Its a sporting im after, it will be stripped to thin sheet metal dont worry.
 :D

A purple one ideally, if not ill matt it, with the abarth kit if i can find it