Author Topic: major steamage!  (Read 1245 times)

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
major steamage!
« on: 20:26, Sun 14 November 2010 »
rite I have a big water leak from the inlet manifold so im unsure if I have conected the water pump to an air hose or something. its a little awkward to explain so... As you look into the bay, its leeking from the right hand (passenger) side of the inlet manifold which looks like it should have a plug on it as you can get your finger in and feel the tubing inside - about a 50p size, the left side of the inlet manifold has a similar circular bit but there seems to be a plug on that, so is it possible to get another plug from somewhere or should there be no water going into the inlet manifold?

thanks

projectgt

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: major steamage!
« Reply #1 on: 20:56, Sun 14 November 2010 »
You are correct, the bung has popped out of the inlet manifold. You will need a refubished or second hand inlet manifold.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #2 on: 20:59, Sun 14 November 2010 »
To be honest matey, you can get away with not running coolant to the ilnet manifold just bypass it so that you are still getting it to the carb base.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:09, Sun 14 November 2010 »
Quote from: "James5"
To be honest matey, you can get away with not running coolant to the ilnet manifold just bypass it so that you are still getting it to the carb base.

cool. thanks james, tbh I cant remember the exact pipe run exactly as before which was on etc... but I can always recall being able to get my finger in the end of the inlet manifold. ok so to get this clear, can you tell me how to bypass it properly, which hoses where?

thanks again

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:33, Sun 14 November 2010 »
No probs, you literally will need the pipe at the rear of the water pump that will go to the rear connection on the carb base and the other carb base connection will go to your turbo.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:50, Sun 14 November 2010 »
thanks again guys. I will be back down to my mates after college tomorrow to have a fiddle to see what we can do. fingers crossed!

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:33, Mon 15 November 2010 »
Quote from: "Phase2-tungy-gtt"
thanks again guys. I will be back down to my mates after college tomorrow to have a fiddle to see what we can do. fingers crossed!

Your welcome matey, keep us posted on the outcome, any probs just post up on here :D

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:03, Mon 15 November 2010 »
the pipe that should run from inlet to water pump is the one I completley ignore and leave it out of the circuit?

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:39, Mon 15 November 2010 »
Quote from: "Phase2-tungy-gtt"
the pipe that should run from inlet to water pump is the one I completley ignore and leave it out of the circuit?

Nah just run that to the rear carb base connection instead of the inlet manifold.  The only pipe you will be getting rid of is the little C shaped pipe which would have gone from the furtherest inlet port to the carb base rear connection. :lol:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16:47, Mon 15 November 2010 »
Thanks for all the advice, got the coolant pipes all sorted and the engine runs sweet with no water leaks and good coolant and oil pressure:-)  only thing is a dodgy idle. It won't idle with out dying at under 1400 1500 rpm, but it will hold at 1500, it still cuts out at junctions and traffic lights. Once its going it drives really well. Possible vaccum loss or bad mixture we think... Going to pick it up tonight and get it home