Author Topic: Another carb question SOLEX 32 DIS  (Read 10782 times)

MATT BLACK

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another carb question SOLEX 32 DIS
« Reply #15 on: 14:31, Fri 05 November 2010 »
Quote from: "James5"
Quote from: "MATT BLACK"
How far into the jet do i need to drill ??

The tip of the drill bit seems to slide into the jet by around 2 - 3 mm. Do i proceed to drill further or would you suggest that its already been done ?

Out of interest do any of you lads offer a service to set these up with a wideband afr reader ?

Sounds like you have drilled it fine, you will need to give it a good clean through with carb cleaner as no doubt a small bit of swarf will be in the carb.

With ref to a wideband service or someone setting up Markey Mark used to offer that service and I am not sure if he still does.

What i meant is the tip of the drill will slot inside the jet even before ive drilled it. It goes in about 2 - 3mm. Do i carry on and drill it further ? and how far should i drill depth wise ?

About 2 - 3 mm inside the jet the hole does go narrow - is it this bit i drill ?  

Sorry to yap on but i want to get it spot on first time round.

yes it's the narrow bit you drill only about 2-3mm, be careful not to drill to far into the carb, do it nice and slow and try to keep as much swarf out of the carb

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16:50, Fri 05 November 2010 »
Quote from: "James5"
Quote from: "MATT BLACK"
How far into the jet do i need to drill ??

The tip of the drill bit seems to slide into the jet by around 2 - 3 mm. Do i proceed to drill further or would you suggest that its already been done ?

Out of interest do any of you lads offer a service to set these up with a wideband afr reader ?

Sounds like you have drilled it fine, you will need to give it a good clean through with carb cleaner as no doubt a small bit of swarf will be in the carb.

With ref to a wideband service or someone setting up Markey Mark used to offer that service and I am not sure if he still does.

I do still do the odd set up here and there if people want it done  :wink:
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17:25, Fri 05 November 2010 »
2-3mm is normal, the drill bit should go right through. there is a hole next to the enrich bush, you will be able to see the drill bit down this hole. ideally you want to remove the emulsion tube an blow all the passages through with an airline

i also do wideband set ups, but im right down south

MATT BLACK

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18:45, Fri 05 November 2010 »
Cool - all done.

Refitted the carb and going to take it for a run. Will let you know the outcome when its been on the rolling road.

Thx all for your advice

Matt