Author Topic: no fuel  (Read 2174 times)

karlr5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
no fuel
« on: 23:57, Tue 05 October 2010 »
I can't seem to get any fuel to my carb so a new relay and pump have been ordered,is there anything else I should need to check,thanks

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: no fuel
« Reply #1 on: 08:12, Wed 06 October 2010 »
Have you checked for spark? If there isn't it could be the TDC sensor.

karlr5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:45, Thu 07 October 2010 »
Yeah I got a spark but the fuel pump is dead but its working fine if I connect it to the battery,even had the fuel line off while starting and not one drop of fuel,changed the relay and there is no blockage to the pipe as I have had a mouth full of fuel

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:00, Thu 07 October 2010 »
If the fuel pump works and the relay is new then there must be a break in the wiring somewhere.

doggydowg22

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:42, Sat 09 October 2010 »
I had this once,check under the rear seat there is a wire that goes to the fuel pump is and check these arn't broke.As a temp fix you could run power to the wires here straight from the battery to get the pump working.

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15:51, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Quote from: "doggydowg22"
I had this once,check under the rear seat there is a wire that goes to the fuel pump is and check these arn't broke.As a temp fix you could run power to the wires here straight from the battery to get the pump working.

Under the seat thats not the fuel pump, thats the fuel sender unit which has 3 wires coming from it.
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

doggydowg22

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17:29, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Maybe this was part of an alarm imobiliser defnetly had to run live feed to wires to get pump working,sorry if this isn't the case for a standard 5 bad advise there on my behalf  :oops:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18:30, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
Quote from: "doggydowg22"

Under the seat thats not the fuel pump, thats the fuel sender unit which has 3 wires coming from it.

I think he meant you have to lift the seat and pull forward the carpet, the fuel pump wire feeds through there.