Author Topic: oil light on  (Read 1318 times)

doggydowg22

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
oil light on
« on: 19:25, Wed 06 October 2010 »
Hiya guys

Just picked up a new r5 turbo phase 2,what makes the oil light come on?

When I switch the car on a few turns of ignition the oil leval has a reading some times 5 (nearly full) however the pressure side when engine is running doesnt work.I have checked the dip stick and oil is nearly full up.

Im assuming bad wiring would cause this or mayeb a new sender, the oil light is only faintly on but it is on.

Gota love the electrical gremlins of french cars ;_) any fixs or links please let me know Thanks.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: oil light on
« Reply #1 on: 20:12, Wed 06 October 2010 »
Assuming the wiring/senders are in working order, the oil light will light up when there is low oil pressure with the engine running.

If it's flickering/dimming maybe check the connections, they get filled up with gunge/grime over the years or it might not even be connected and just shorting on the bodywork somewhere.

doggydowg22

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: oil light on
« Reply #2 on: 20:48, Wed 06 October 2010 »
With the power this engine is making I dont think itd last long with low oil pressure lol il have to buy a haynes so I can get clued up where everything is again on these cars ;_)

What oil is best on r5s il do an oil change at wknd as the oil like water in ther.