Author Topic: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project  (Read 58382 times)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project
« Reply #165 on: 09:58, Mon 02 May 2011 »
Keep up the good work looks mint :)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 19:05, Tue 03 May 2011 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
Keep up the good work looks mint :)
Cheers bud, it aint brilliant but my standards are abit to high.

Ideally id want the doors painted again and the roof but dont think the better half would understand maybe ill do this during the winter :lol:   my prepping wasnt at its best  :oops:, but to most people it wouldnt be a problem, i guess im just covering my arse when i eventually get the car to some shows/meets.

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 22:25, Tue 03 May 2011 »
Its official, i f__king hate this car  :twisted:  :twisted:  

Ive just snapped 3 caliper bleed screws, i may aswell go at the 4th with a grinder and complete the fooking set, off to work now completely pissed off and all i can think off is what im going to do apart from burn it  :roll:

fordy

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 22:26, Tue 03 May 2011 »
dont give in dude

not sure on that fuel tank breather, if you roll over that will make it very nasty

once its fixed its a awesome feeling  :mrgreen:

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 06:44, Wed 04 May 2011 »
mate i feel for you with the bleed screws. i did the same thing. and couldnt get them out. i hade to get all new (second hand ones) wasnt impressed.

but you are so close now its not even worth thinking about giving up!!! chin up fella.
YOU KNOW THE WHITE ONES ARE FASTER!!!

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 09:37, Wed 04 May 2011 »
Good and bad news!!! :D  :(

Well ive just ordered one new front caliper & two rear calipers from cgb, amazingly they were cheaper than my local motor factors plus i would have to pay the surcharge because they dont take in calipers with broken bleed nipples, and cgb dont ask for any old units, also ordered a kevlar dump valve diaphram and a dv blanking plug, as i have two dv outlets on intercooler pipe  :roll: .

The bad news is im not going to afford to mot her untill payday in 3 weeks, which means i wont be going in the 5 to either the national day or fcs.

The cars still in the dog house though :lol:, and i wont ever be doing this sort of thing again mucking about with cars is so flaming expensive :roll:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 09:44, Wed 04 May 2011 »
Quote from: "fordy"
dont give in dude

not sure on that fuel tank breather, if you roll over that will make it very nasty

once its fixed its a awesome feeling  :mrgreen:

Ye i still need to clip it up, because of where the breather fitting is on tank if it was to roll over it would be nigh on impossible for petrol to drip onto the exhaust, i take it thats what you meant?

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 04:30, Thu 05 May 2011 »
final hurdle mate,keep it going i know these cars can be a nightmare,you have came so far mate ,really looking forward to seeing her done good luck  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 19:08, Fri 13 May 2011 »
Not alot to report but feels its time to add to me thread :lol: , ive fitted three new calipers & a new hand brake cable, then found that i had a split rubber seal that sits on top off master cylinder :evil:  ive just popped round me mates where ive got a standard 5 stored and popped the seal from there its looks different but it fits like a beauty :), ive just got to bleed the system and pray nothing goes wrong there, then make up some petrol tank straps then im ready for the dreaded MOT which is booked for thursday, gonna get the tracking done at the same time :)

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 12:17, Sat 14 May 2011 »
Mate that's grate!!! Ur so close now!!! I have some good news!!! I GOT BRAKES!!!!!!

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 11:26, Mon 16 May 2011 »
Umm i new i was getting to far ahead of myself by booking MOT, ive just cancelled it :cry:  :cry:  it seems my master cylinder doesnt want to play ball  :evil:, to be fair i took it off and cleaned it with air gun/brake fluid and it was fooking filthy :oops: and its just sat around for 7 years doing nowt but even the attempted cleaning didnt do anything.

Now normally at this time i want to kick the shit out of the car, shed doors and whatever i can land me boots into, but me mate was there so im guessing he had a calming influence on me :lol: so ive now just got used to replacing things ill be picking up a new master cylinder this afternoon. Im now going to wait untill i everythings done then book mot again,

over and out from a surprisingly calm and relaxed Neil :lol:

smithyr5gt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 18:31, Mon 16 May 2011 »
Calm deep breths mate. In....... And out.......  :lol:

Look all I think about now is what she's going to be like to drive when she's done.
And trust me it's going to all be worth it in the end!!!

Chin up mate ur so close now. 8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 12:08, Mon 23 May 2011 »
Ive replaced the master cylinder and have now got brakes :D  booked MOT again hopefully this time it should make it.

Im already nervous 1 because i always think any of my cars will fail and 2 because i havent driven the car in over 7 years :oops:,

just made some fuel tank straps and replaced handbrake cable now just got to go over car while its still up on axle stands and make sure all nuts and bolts are tight etc etc.  

Think id best get some insurance quotes now :mrgreen:

pushbike88

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 12:37, Mon 23 May 2011 »
nice car

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 09:34, Wed 25 May 2011 »
Cheers pushbike  :),

Spent nearly an hour last night sanding & polishing out some blue overspray that landed on one of my wheels when i was doing some painting the other month :x  i thought id covered all the car up :oops: somehow it managed to get onto the bottom of back bumper and the top of the exhaust aswell, good job ive got lots of g3, i also sealed up and painted around fuel tank strap bolts underneath car to stop any potential rust issues.

In for mot tommorow...... wish me luck.