Author Topic: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project  (Read 57563 times)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project
« on: 15:21, Sun 26 September 2010 »
5 mission has been on at me to put a thread up of my project but im terrible with computers so bear with me :oops: . Ive owned my ph1 for prob 7 years but its been off road for around 6 :oops:. I only meant to tidy up some dodgy paint, cracked filler etc but kind off got carried away and decided to strip her down to completely nothing, at one point all that was on car that couldnt be taking off was the fuel line clips. Any way i decided that i wanted to give her a diet and go down the stripped out look its been a long and tough project sometimes ive not been bothered and havent touched her for over 6 months at a time & even contemplated breaking her up but the thought of all my hard work put a stop to that. Ive not got much to do to get it finished so it should be finished and on road as soon as weather turns nice ( could be long wait ) :lol: . Thats enough writing heres a few pics as far back as i can go, apologies to you diehard standard look guys  :roll: . Be nice to have some feedback good or bad were all different.

ouch grinding sparks and a open tin of thinners this was 2 weeks arter i did it :(

my current ride

Ill have to get more up to date pics up, cars on axle stands at mo so might not get shot of all car. I quite like reading up on what people have been doing to there cars so i might try and keep updating reguarly and so should you lot, thanks for having a look as i said before comments welcome good or bad. Neil.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: my very long track/road R5 gt turbo project
« Reply #1 on: 16:07, Sun 26 September 2010 »
looks real tidy!! your almost there,  good to see a proper job being done from top to bottom...wish i had the patience/time/skills/funds :lol:
engine looks mint, what sort spec u got.
you must be itching to drive it, is it only gonna be used on track?

oh.....and the hand looks nasty :shock:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:52, Sun 26 September 2010 »
I've been and seen this in the flesh and is now nearly 99% back together. The pics don't do the complete and utter mintness of everything justice. I've never seen a Ph.1 as clean as this in fact, I think you said everything's original front end, inner wings, crossmember and sills-wise? Amazing! Would definitely have been a waste to break it.
I think this will be seeing the road before mine somehow!  :|  :oops:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:49, Sun 26 September 2010 »
Phase 2-tungy-gtt.
 Thanks for your comments, well u say about not having the time, it has taken me around 6 years to get to where i am :lol:  :oops:.

As for the engine its had a standard rebuild by bb tuning black spec i think, ktec fmic, downpipe, enlarged elbow, grp a carb ( prob 4 the bin though ) powerflow ss centre exit system, copper cored rad, mocal oil cooler, full set of samco hoses ( rally design save loads compared to other places ) tubular manifold, gt tuning ajustable timing sensor, ajustable temp fan sensor and the obvious shiney bits here and there, the bay has been de cluttered a few factory holes welded up etc and i tried to hide as much wiring as possible, ive still got a big plastic tub filled up with the cables that i didnt put back on car nice way to lose weight :D .

Ye i cant wait to drive it ive only had it running for a minute in 5 years thats because i didnt have exhaust for it and it was kicking sooty condensation over me clean bay  :cry: , got to get it set up on rolling road soon it will be on road aswell as abit of track.

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18:54, Sun 26 September 2010 »
Cheers 5 mission, it aint mint mint but just very tidy maybe im being humble :lol: theres loads of bits that could do with being better guess im abit of a perfectionist, if you keep at it ull end up with a smart individual motor im still impressed with your huge axle stands  8)  catch you later fella

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:57, Mon 27 September 2010 »
DOh i forgot the important part of me engine spec ktec 230 t25 turbo, not sure what psi to set this to any ideas peeps?? car will only be used for fun on the road so can be a bit more lairy than if it was me daily driver.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:16, Wed 06 October 2010 »
i lovin this project mate ,shell looks really fresh and straight ,so you gonna track this baby then ? 8)  8)  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:41, Wed 06 October 2010 »
BAZR5GTT WROTE i lovin this project mate ,shell looks really fresh and straight ,so you gonna track this baby then ?  

Cheers m8 nice to hear good comments :D It will be on road as me toy car dry weather weekends etc but hope to take it to some open to all track events nothing serious, i mainly wanted to give it a diet but got abit carried away  :lol:.

Respect to you for the work you put into your 5 ( i think its you  :lol:  ) u did an excellent job 8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20:44, Wed 06 October 2010 »
nice one bud i you can get carried away  :lol: cant wait to see it finished she is gona be one tidy motor,keep up the good work bud

yes its me bud,thanks mate its nice to get feedback as you well know,ive been pretty busy this year with family and work so have neglected the 5 especially since ive had her locked away after someone tried to steal her,but im awa to nail it this winter though and get her finished painted and my roll cage in

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15:52, Thu 07 October 2010 »
Cheers for your comments :D . I thought your 5 was all painted up? What sort of cage you putting in then, i know what u mean getting time to work on car with family etc ive only got the one 18 month boy and the dog  :lol: but they take so much time away from you oh and maybe the missus has a hand in that  :lol:.

I hope you find the bastards that done that to your car i had that years ago bent me door at top luckily didnt take car and it was on me m8s drive aswell, keep the pics going fella.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21:22, Thu 07 October 2010 »
Lots of effort gone into that one. Looks a good job.  8)

Concerned about the fuse box though, does it have a cover? I'm not so sure that area is well protected from rain etc.

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:41, Fri 08 October 2010 »
Cheers for comments Ash-lee,

Ive got to make a cover for fuse box, ive made a cardboard copy now got to transfer that to some ally then get me m8 to Tig weld the ends, ive also got some stainless steel scuttle covers to go on aswell, this is just one of loads of little jobs to do  :roll:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19:34, Tue 12 October 2010 »
no bud i did do the os quarter and sill but car needs a full respray ive got new doors and a boot for it aswell so she should be all nice and straight,ive got a 8 point sparco roll cage for her theres photos of her in the start of my post ive had it sand blasted and primered just gotta paint it now and i got some replacement sparco decals aswell

yeh your right its pretty hectic with a new born  :lol: hes now almost 10 months so thats him awa to nursery and the missus back to work ,so now i can potter away with my 5  :lol:

yeh its never good when you spend time and money on your car and someone does that,to be honest i hope i never find then cause if i do i dont know if i could stop myself from killing the feckers  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: but at least i still got her,well keep us posted mate with lots of photos  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:03, Wed 13 October 2010 »
You lucky sod getting him into nursery i have to have my son mon, tue and wed whilst me partners at work would put him into nusery but i work permanent nights so im able to look after him be it im sometimes fooked :lol: .

Just checked out your cage looks good wish id put a bar across between door pillars maybe ill put that idea on back burner :lol:.  I cant believe how rotten she was makes me appreciate how clean mine is  :D .

When you getting car put in for paint job then? liking the wheels to.

Ye im doing small jobs on her when ive got time doing some touching up underneath because i didnt prep properly in all areas the stone chip i put on has come away in places so put some paintable underseal over it then painted over with top coat i know you wont see under car but its nice knowing its clean :roll:. Ill get some pics up soon fella keep up the good work

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17:16, Wed 13 October 2010 »
yeh well with me working offshore and the missus going back to work it was the only option plus he gets to mingle with other kids,aye nightshift can be a nightmare sometimes bud im the same im normally on nights aswell

thanks mate got it from a pal for 100 notes its minus the door bars but ive got the little pad eyes so im gonna fab some myself,yeh that bar has came in handy because i will be keeping all the interior in it aswell as the cage incase weeman has to go in it with the car seat so ive got an anchor point for my harneses and the seats will still flip up too :wink:

i know mate there were times i was thinking wtf  :lol: but i had to keep going and all the support from mates and people on here really get you through it,ive got a sellar full of parts to get on it then paint it last cant wait to see her once shes painted probably see if i can get her done before next spring get all the prep done on her,thats a nightmare bud when stuff like that comes off i had the same with the seam sealer used two different kinds and the dear 3m stuff was the one that cracked :roll: defo mate yours will be as cleanon the bottom as the top mate,keep up the excellent work aswell mate looking forward to seeing it blossom into an awsome 5 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)