Author Topic: My R5 GTT  (Read 19281 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My R5 GTT
« Reply #15 on: 23:29, Wed 08 December 2010 »
Blocked breather pipes?

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13:21, Sat 11 December 2010 »
cheers for reply lads, everything seams to be good again :)  where would i find the breather pipes ?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22:31, Sat 11 December 2010 »
There's one coming from the rocker cover, it 't's off onto the inlet manifold and goes onto the breather pot and intake hose for the turbo (if all the OE kit is still under the bonnet)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:23, Sun 13 February 2011 »
This is how the 5 looks now  :(

i have taken it off the road as it has now ran out of tax but am planning to get a few jobs done before putting it back on the road i will post pics az and when jobs get done, this is my new car please dont laugh too much  :lol:

i only paid 250 for it, 1 lady owner from new and it runs on fresh air, i must add its totally diffrent from driving the 5 its bouncing all over on its soft suspension at least it makes it over pot holes without crippling me and gets me to work on time, them bumpers are going too need some attention though!

SALTY

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20:09, Mon 14 February 2011 »
Nice looking R5 - just like how I want to get mine looking like!

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17:38, Thu 16 June 2011 »
Its been a while since i updated my thread so this is how things are at the minute. I  have decided to take the 5 off the road for this year as i am going to get it mint for a respray at the begining of next year and use it for summer only. So this is what i have done upto yet, took bumpers and skirts and arches off and found this

:(  i have got some new sills just waiting for them to be fitted, i have replaced disks and pads and rear wheel bearings and started painting underseal everywere, the only place i can see any rust is on the sills and the rear bumper mounts wich i have had a go at myself lol

pic of rusty rear disk

i am going to get the sills fitted soon hopefully and sort the hinges out, thats it for now i will try and get some more pics at the weekend  :D

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17:18, Mon 04 July 2011 »
a few more pics ov how its looking now  :)  wheels off ready for powder coating.

a few more pics

juha5gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18:33, Mon 04 July 2011 »
Nice. How much boost. Somewhere 15 or 16 psi?  :)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16:53, Tue 05 July 2011 »
Quote from: "juha5gtt"
Nice. How much boost. Somewhere 15 or 16 psi?  :)
thanks juha5gtt yes i think its around 15 - 16 psi  :)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:00, Sat 16 July 2011 »
wheels before powder coat

wheels after powder coat

looking better now  8)

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:55, Sat 16 July 2011 »
Looking good, good luck trying to keep them that clean  :lol:

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23:53, Sat 16 July 2011 »
wheels are looking sweet mate ,hows the welding coming along? that tin worm can be a right pain in the butt,good luck with it keep us posted 8)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16:48, Mon 18 July 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
wheels are looking sweet mate ,hows the welding coming along? that tin worm can be a right pain in the butt,good luck with it keep us posted 8)
cheers for comment bazr5gtt  :D  i am pretty happy with how they have turned out, i think i choose the right colour, the welding is at a standstill at the mo  :(  still havent got sills fitted  :cry:
my girlfriends dad as said he will replace them for me just dont seem to have the time yet, when there done they will be pics on here  :D

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:50, Tue 19 July 2011 »
yeh they look like brand new mate colour looks perfecto!!!! its a pain sometimes waiting for other people to do stuff for you ,just make sure when your doin the outer sills the inners arent knackered too,there was a guy on ebay selling laser cut inner sills for 20 bucks a side which is very reasonable,well keep up the good work and the photos rolling  :D

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14:22, Sun 24 July 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
yeh they look like brand new mate colour looks perfecto!!!! its a pain sometimes waiting for other people to do stuff for you ,just make sure when your doin the outer sills the inners arent knackered too,there was a guy on ebay selling laser cut inner sills for 20 bucks a side which is very reasonable,well keep up the good work and the photos rolling  :D
thanks again mate and i will do.  :D