Author Topic: let me know wat you all think :)  (Read 2864 times)

shaneom123

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
let me know wat you all think :)
« on: 09:52, Tue 27 July 2010 »
i only payed 400 for it need to get the head skimed tho but should still be a cheap car after fixing :D

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: let me know wat you all think :)
« Reply #1 on: 12:08, Tue 27 July 2010 »
I'd say you've done pretty damn alright there for only 400! :D  8)  Looks like a minter :P

shaneom123

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:13, Tue 27 July 2010 »
thanks m8 could you tell me why they didnt work because im new to the site and dont know how everything works

thanks agen

oh yeah and she is pritty mint m8 no rust just inside is a bit shabby but will turn it around with a good clean  :D

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:22, Tue 27 July 2010 »
Quote from: "shaneom123"
thanks mate could you tell me why they didnt work because im new to the site and dont know how everything works

thanks agen

oh yeah and she is pritty mint mate no rust just inside is a bit shabby but will turn it around with a good clean  :D
you had an s800. at the start of your links, I think you probably just copied and pasted the wrong links (they give you loads on there don't they)
I'm too skint to use photobucket even though it seems to be by far the best hosting site - I have to make do with the crap free ones :D
Looks like you've picked up a bargain with your gtt, is it all sound mechanically as well and what engine work has it had? Looks like someone's been having a tinker under the bonnet a bit in the past!

shaneom123

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13:26, Tue 27 July 2010 »
Quote from: "5-Mission"
Quote from: "shaneom123"
thanks mate could you tell me why they didnt work because im new to the site and dont know how everything works

thanks agen

oh yeah and she is pritty mint mate no rust just inside is a bit shabby but will turn it around with a good clean  :D
you had an s800. at the start of your links, I think you probably just copied and pasted the wrong links (they give you loads on there don't they)
I'm too skint to use photobucket even though it seems to be by far the best hosting site - I have to make do with the crap free ones :D
Looks like you've picked up a bargain with your gtt, is it all sound mechanically as well and what engine work has it had? Looks like someone's been having a tinker under the bonnet a bit in the past!

i got the photobucket fing for free just went on it it asked me to pay wen i registred then went back and it offerd me a free one :S dont know why but only did that thismorning so give it a go you might get it aswell and the car is not so good mechanicly the head is warped still cheap to sort out tho just get it skimed 29 then theres gaskets and bolts witch need to buy but then all will be good all i no tinkering wise is that the boost is running at about 30psi but gna change it to about 15 so homefully will be on the road in few weeks  :lol:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:37, Tue 27 July 2010 »
30PSI?  :shock:

I think i found the cause of the failed headgasket.  :D  Make sure all the pipework is in good order i'm not sure someone would run that much boost intentionally? and set it at a reasonable level.  :idea:

shaneom123

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20:13, Wed 28 July 2010 »
yeah the person who i got the car off told me the turbo is set to around 30 but i was finking about 15 would be better because i fink the carb is still a standard set up aswell.

the turbo is also standard so what psi would you lot reconmend ?

thanks

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21:04, Wed 28 July 2010 »
15 tops assuming fuelling is correct.

shaneom123

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:38, Thu 29 July 2010 »
ok thanks will let you know how it goes when i get the car all sorted :)