Author Topic: tungy  (Read 27917 times)

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: tungy
« Reply #60 on: 15:43, Wed 18 May 2011 »
finally managed to connect up my oil pressure guage today, and removed my dump-valve while I was there!!!  

Chatter is sweet as  8)

but nowhere near as loud as the old d.v...may need a rethink :!:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23:29, Thu 26 May 2011 »
I have now fitted a 2.5' downpipe and connected up the sensor so my AEM now gives me readings :D

messed about with boost levels and it seems the "standard" carb I have fuels perfect for 12psi with my engine spec and turbo although rich at part throttle - this weekend i am going to be opening up the second stage a bit so I can get more boost, will be aiming for 18psi  :mrgreen:

Also got some side decals fitted. not 100+ replicas but 8 ebay specials  :lol:  

not 100% sure on them - they look pretty balls compared to the originals with the grey bit. from a distance I think they look good, but up close its easy to see their lack of quality.........what do you all think,    bin them?........or keep them??

r5wiggs

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12:29, Mon 30 May 2011 »
Quote from: "Phase2-tungy-gtt"
I have now fitted a 2.5' downpipe and connected up the sensor so my AEM now gives me readings :D

messed about with boost levels and it seems the "standard" carb I have fuels perfect for 12psi with my engine spec and turbo although rich at part throttle - this weekend i am going to be opening up the second stage a bit so I can get more boost, will be aiming for 18psi  :mrgreen:

Also got some side decals fitted. not 100+ replicas but 8 ebay specials  :lol:  

not 100% sure on them - they look pretty balls compared to the originals with the grey bit. from a distance I think they look good, but up close its easy to see their lack of quality.........what do you all think,    bin them?........or keep them??

bin them your better off with the replicas

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12:31, Mon 30 May 2011 »
been messing around with the carb jets all weekend. boost is now up to 18psi
im looking forward to having a play with some more powerful cars to see how the little 5 compares.

she fairly shifts now, dodgy on damp roads though -  wheelspins @75mph is scary! :shock:
Really curious on power output now so thinking of finding a RR to give me a rough idea, or maybe some 1/4m action :twisted:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12:35, Mon 30 May 2011 »
Quote from: "r5wiggs"

I totally agree, but at the minute theres no way im paying around a ton for them!! maybe next year :lol:

r5wiggs

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12:40, Mon 30 May 2011 »

I totally agree, but at the minute theres no way im paying around a ton for them!! maybe next year :lol:
i think someone on rtoc is doing a group bye have a look :mrgreen:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12:43, Mon 30 May 2011 »
i think someone on rtoc is doing a group bye have a look :mrgreen:

that rings a bell now you mention it........is it Raj??
I will have a search   :wink:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #67 on: 14:37, Mon 30 May 2011 »
Yeah Raj is doing a set matey, I would bin what you have got and get a set of Raj's matey they look fantastic.

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 21:55, Sat 04 June 2011 »
had a bit of a play with my mate in his 2.8L 24v Z3 around some back roads and the little 5 did itself proud.. 8)  

coming out of corners and initial acceleration coming onto the dual carrigeway I was pulling away quite well, but I suspect that if we were to do a long stretch, he would take me (eventually)..

not bad for an engine half the size and a third of the valves  :mrgreen:

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02:03, Sat 11 June 2011 »
the wastegate on my turbo gave up the other day. i had been putting more strain on it the last week and coupled with a mis-aligned bracket it caused it to shear

I managed to pick up a good conditiont rear housing tonight so got the turbo out and dismantled.

the old rear had 63 stamped in the elbow
the new one has 47,  it went back together no problems but as I have no ideas on what they represent, got  any ideas if the different rear end will make any difference to my turbo's performance?

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:07, Sat 11 June 2011 »
You may find with the smaller rear that it spools a little quicker and you might loose some top end power due to the smaller rear aswell matey

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11:09, Sat 11 June 2011 »
Quote from: "James5"
You may find with the smaller rear that it spools a little quicker and you might loose some top end power due to the smaller rear aswell matey

But saying that if it's a T2 .63 rear and you have a .47 on there now you may not notice much difference as I think thet are pretty similar

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 17:07, Sat 11 June 2011 »
I have it all back together now and its running good again now some boost is going through it.  :D

thanks for the info James, now im not sure if its due to it being a different rear or the fact that I have it all tightened up properly but it does seem to boost up sooner, especially in 1st.

seeing as the weather is dry, I will be out giving the 5 some beans tonight!!  :twisted:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 21:23, Sat 11 June 2011 »
I have it all back together now and its running good again now some boost is going through it.  :D

thanks for the info James, now im not sure if its due to it being a different rear or the fact that I have it all tightened up properly but it does seem to boost up sooner, especially in 1st.

seeing as the weather is dry, I will be out giving the 5 some beans tonight!!  :twisted:

It will be the change in the size of the rear housing doing that matey bigger normally means laggier

tubbyG

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 16:46, Sat 18 June 2011 »
i've decided to go back to the standard bonnet for now due to all the rain recently - with my engine & heatwrap mega damp whenever I put the fan on, sh1t loads of steam gets pumped through the vents rendering my windscreen useless!!!! :shock:
as she is.....

over the next week i will need to make a new actuator adjustment bitty cause max i can adjust the current (pikey) one to is 17psi and its way rich so bit more boost is needed :mrgreen: