Author Topic: My Evo V  (Read 22931 times)

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
Re: My Evo V
« Reply #60 on: 18:40, Sun 05 December 2010 »
This topic has got me looking at Evo 6's !!

Would love a 6 !! Which is totally impractical and would cost us a fortune in fuel as its only a few miles for me to work everyday !!

If I did get one it would have to be a standard uk car like this !!

Site Administrator

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20:16, Sun 05 December 2010 »
Impractical?  They've got 4 doors, a nice big boot, mod cons, they're easy to drive - What more could you want?

They're not that bad on fuel.  I get about 170 miles to 50 driving 'normally'  :lol:  

They're a bargain now.  Silly cheap, for what you get!  Just pray you get a good one, or it could cost you a mortgage!  :cry:
Been around these cars for too damn long!

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09:54, Mon 06 December 2010 »
Ok I know its got 4 doors and a boot lol. I meant impractical in that it would cost us a fortune to run !! I couldn't believe how they've come down in price. The TM's still holding their value though !!

In terms of finding a good one...  I went through all them on pistonheads and I only found 2 that I would go and look at to make sure I got a good one !!

Looks Nice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mitsubishi-evo6-/ ... 35ae237f64
Site Administrator

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20:31, Mon 06 December 2010 »
Go and look at one Lee, you'll be convinced it's a grand idea  :D  The prices really have come down so much in the last year. That's how I managed to afford one  :lol:

That ebay one looks like a nice clean example.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 21:38, Mon 06 December 2010 »
I want another one now, esp after the other night when I showed John how to drift my old one & do on the spot doughnuts in the snow  :twisted: :oops:

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23:18, Mon 06 December 2010 »
So if I buy a totally standard uk 6 what MPG am I gonna see round town ?
Site Administrator

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boostjunkies.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: 00:48, Tue 07 December 2010 »
about 20-25 mine did anyhoo,

great cars, very quick off the mark, superb through the twisties and easy to keep and tune, expensive to fix and to buy panels for :( didn't end well, saved us though,
If we get another at some point is will be a tommy 6.5 :)

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19:28, Tue 07 December 2010 »
Bloody Evo 6.5  :lol:.  That cracks me up as much as the good old Phase 1.5 gtt's - They don't exist!  A TME is an Evo 6.  Yes, it has a few bits that are different from a GSR, but so's an RS, a RSX, RS Sprint etc etc

Lee, mine's standard engine wise, and as I said, I get about 170 miles to 50, however I drive.  I've always been heavy on fuel though - Some people get a bit more, some less.  Every car seems different.

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20:47, Tue 07 December 2010 »
it's a 6.5  even listed by Mitsubishi as a 6.5, different turbo, suspension, bodykit, ayc loads of stuff ;)
I had a chance at a zero fighter a while ago, that's based on the rs but they all have a common theme,

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 20:58, Tue 07 December 2010 »
Quote from: "Boostjunkies"
it's a 6.5  even listed by Mitsubishi as a 6.5, different turbo, suspension, bodykit, ayc loads of stuff ;)

Balls.  The badge on the back says it's a VI, so it's a VI   :wink:  :lol:

It's only a different front bumper, the bodykit is the same.  They also have AYC, unless it's an RS TME.

They have the following differences to a GSR:

Different seats and dash clocks
Different front bumper
Slightly lower suspension (I have heard it's Evo 5 suspension - maybe that's where the .5 bit comes from  :lol:  )
Different wheels
RS steering rack (quicker than the GSR one)
Titanium turbo shaft

Errm...........

Surely that's not enough to warrant another 5k! (for a red one).

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 21:01, Tue 07 December 2010 »
the tm's have super ayc same as the VII, the Vi only has standard ayc,
the suspension if full mag instead of a mixture, the turbo is different and are the lash adjusters modified to 2.. instead of 1.5mm, the interior is different, different exhaust system, rally art parts like the coil pack plugs etc and it has extra structural weld points over the vi, want me to get the specs out lol

its a specail edition a bit like the std 3 door Cosworth over the RS500 i supose, it's about what it stands for as well as being about tommy makinen, the subaru's are the same with the Mcrea editions over the usually sti's, :)

I have every spec on pdf if you want them including the extreme's, zero fighter, etc
I love the Vi's had one for ages before it got written off, but If I were to get another it would be the tommi, mainly due to the graphics and tommi is such a nice guy :)

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 21:19, Tue 07 December 2010 »
Yes please - Could you show me the full spec's, and the source.  It'll be interesting to see - As this is all new to me  8)

My mate's TME hasn't got SAYC, and the plugs/coilpacks/leads are all the same as my GSR.

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 21:42, Tue 07 December 2010 »
well there's one set of PDF on lancer-evo.net and the other is on lancer register,
The book evolution lancer by Brian Long
you and your Mitsubishi evo by Andy butler and Mitsubishi lancer the road car to WRC story again by Brian long
 but I'll also dig the ones I got out, like I said I really rate them,
I just had another read an your right It didn't have SYAC, ?? dunno where I got that from??
hey ho!

it supposedly had a 3 point strut brace as std where the Vi GSR didn't? I cant confirm this though as mine was after market, as was my turbo and ecu and exhaust amongst alot of other stuff
there was also the Monte Carlo another RS variant of the Tommi
I don't want to argue bud, I only posted to say what good cars they were,
I knew enough to service it, change the clutch, head gasket, drill out the lash adjusters and etc so that was good enough, just a shame in was crunched and I could't find a decent one after :)
cheers
Matt

Billiam

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 21:53, Tue 07 December 2010 »
I've been having a bit of a hunt around, as this has intrigued me a bit  8)

I can't find anything saying about SAYC on the TME.  Don't the cars need the active centre diff' to run SYAC, to shift the torque front to rear?  The MLR model comparison states that they both have AYC.  Apparently though, the pressure switch in the AYC pump is different between the GSR and the TME.  The TME's also have the LSD front diff', as found in the RS, and some of the GSR's (due to Mitsi' running out of open front diff's).

Re the suspension, I've read more than once now that they reverted back to the Evo 5 setup.  And I've just read that the TME uses the Evo 5 front arms, with the ball joints pressed into them, instead of the 6 GSR's bolted on items.  They do have a 3 point front strut brace as standard, which was an option on the GSR.

The following was posted on the MLR, by Co-Ordsport, who were linked with Ralliart UK:

-----
'Front struts, front springs, rear shocks, rear springs, front lower arms, AYC pump on the GSR, Crown wheel ID is bigger in the transfer box, one of the bearings is also different in the transfer, I'll post more when I can remember. And seats, front bumper, dash clocks, turbo, exhaust, the obvious stuff.

The chassis no. should also start CP9A 020'
-----

Don't worry, I'm not trying to argue at all - I'm trying to learn.  I don't know Evo's as well as I know gtt's (18 months experience of Evo's VS 11 years of gtt's, means a long way to go)  I want to get some info/books, and get reading  8)

Shame you crunched yours.  It's never good to hear  :(

Boostjunkies

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 21:58, Tue 07 December 2010 »
that's cool bud, I know very little about the GTT so I'll ask you lol when I get stuck which will probably be very soon, Probably when the bugger won't start the first time I drive it  :D
Cheers
Matt