Author Topic: My 89 GT-T  (Read 64741 times)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My 89 GT-T
« Reply #135 on: 22:55, Thu 14 July 2011 »
that was excactly the same place mines was rotten ash,its amazing once you start grinding what you keep finding,youll get there in the end bud ,keep us posted mate besta luck fella 8)  8)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 16:26, Sun 17 July 2011 »
F**k me this shell is screwed.

Half tempted just to scrap the thing now. Pictures later once i've stopped crying.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 16:27, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
There is a bit of work needed on the passenger side inner sill, no where near as bad as the drivers side.

Ha!

I'm eating my own words at the moment.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 19:02, Sun 17 July 2011 »
make yourself feel better ash,just go back and look at my restoration mate ,then you will think things arent that bad  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 20:58, Sun 17 July 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
make yourself feel better ash,just go back and look at my restoration mate ,then you will think things arent that bad  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm a self-employed fabricator so the work involved is not beyond my capabilities.

However, after working whatever hours i can to make ends meet it's starting to get to me, coming home and essentially doing what i've been doing all day long.

I'm starting to question whether this is the car for me now, i'm sure the good outweighs the bad but it would be nice to come home, kick my boots off and just have some family time, my son is at that age where he just wants to be out and about doing stuff together.

I'm sure all will be well when it's got another 12 months ticket and i'm sure i'll question what all the fuss was about.

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 21:24, Mon 18 July 2011 »
i kno exacly wot ur going thru ash,

this is how far ive got, still a long way to go lol

everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 21:34, Mon 18 July 2011 »
Ouch!

Mine was similar, but you've gone that bit further! At least my front wing was still in one piece.

This is my passenger side, it only shows the rear, there is also a nice hole towards the front as well.

fordy

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 22:03, Mon 18 July 2011 »
keep up the good work ash  8)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 22:05, Mon 18 July 2011 »
Quote from: "owe"
i know exacly what your going thru ash,
]

That makes 3 ov us, I havent started mine yet but it looks like your have more to do than me, good luck in getting them sorted lads :-)

Rupx

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 22:39, Mon 18 July 2011 »
Jesus .. You boys have got your work cut out there ... :shock:  be worth it in the end . If the end ever comes .... With these things  8)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 04:55, Tue 19 July 2011 »
holy s**t lads,brings back bad memories,besta luck fellas on bring them back to life,my heart goes out to you all :(  :(  :(  :(

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 04:58, Tue 19 July 2011 »
chin up ash ,dont give up mate,just think how you will feel when its boosting down the road :D  :D  :D  :D

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 09:32, Tue 19 July 2011 »
ye i havent even looked at the passenger side yet, was told by a car body bloke not to start the 2 sides at once, or the scale of the task wud just depress me lol

went out an bought this to keep my spirits up tho lol

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 22:21, Tue 19 July 2011 »
Quote from: "owe"
ye i havent even looked at the passenger side yet, was told by a car body bloke not to start the 2 sides at once, or the scale of the task wud just depress me lol

I disagree. It must be better to see the whole lot to begin with.

Imagine how depressed i was to do the drivers side only to find the passenger side was probably worse.  :lol:

There is progress though, but it's slow work.

Inner sill is repaired.
Floor pan is repaired and joined to the new section of inner sill.

Had to cut a bit further into the door shut, you can probably see the picture above where the fibreglass is. I assumed it was covering a previous repair, turned out it actually WAS the repair.  :roll:

I was hoping i could get it all done without going above the level of the sill so all the repairs were out of sight, oh well.

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 08:40, Wed 20 July 2011 »
ye i see wot ur saying but the other thing that worried me was the car losing its rigidity. plus u have a head start being a fabricator, ive only just started to teach myself how to weld to do this. my test pieces are all good, its another story doing in on the car lol. have u butt welded all the inner sills? some more pics wud be really helpfull if u have them?