Author Topic: My 89 GT-T  (Read 54786 times)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My 89 GT-T
« Reply #75 on: 15:03, Fri 10 September 2010 »
Good stuff, glad to hear it's still going... reminds me I need new tyres  :oops:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 07:59, Mon 13 September 2010 »
Clutch cable has snapped again!?!

Genuine Renault item next time maybe? I know clutch cables are a common issue but every other month? Give me a break!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 08:32, Mon 13 September 2010 »
Where is it breaking ?
Shouldn't keep breaking, it's not like you have a really heavy clutch is it...

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 19:44, Mon 13 September 2010 »
Last time it broke just as it entered the sleeving at the gearbox end. Had just worn thin over time.

Not sure where the new one broke....couldn't bring myself to lift the bonnet on the thing!

The cable i used was some same day delivery thing my brother-in-law ordered from the garage he works at. Admittingly it didn't look as beefy as the old one i took off but i thought it would hold out a bit longer then this.

Clutch is nothing special, it's quite heavy but it's just the usual 'uprated' green box job.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19:54, Thu 16 September 2010 »
Changed the clutch cable.

The old one (which really wasn't old) hadn't snapped but the crimp on the gearbox end had just popped off.  :shock:  Guessing it was a 'wrong'un'.

Also found the cause of juddering drive, wasn't anything to do with the water I drove through, one of the 'T' pieces on the vacuum pipe must of come loose, dropped down and melted on the exhaust. The fact all 3 ends had melted shut probably explains why it really wasn't that bad considering.  :lol:

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 19:56, Thu 16 September 2010 »
Is this car still for sale? It is this one with the big front mount isnt it, im sure i keep seeing it, then i come on here and your fixing it :D
I think you should keep it if you are thinkin of selling.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 20:02, Thu 16 September 2010 »
It has been for sale a few times.

Once when i couldn't bring myself to get the work done for the MOT, and then i tryed my luck with selling it with 12 months ticket.

Mainly timewasters, i think the most i got offered was around 750 and no one even bothered to come and view.

It will be taken off the road soon over the winter for a general tidy up and i might pull the engine out and replace a few parts.

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 20:09, Thu 16 September 2010 »
750 is a joke. Id say this is one of the most tastely modified cars on here.
I bet it was all people that had never owned one either saying, just wanna go with one.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 19:29, Mon 04 October 2010 »
Got a new toy.

GTTuning Stage 5 HE5B turbo. Looks to be T25 size, has a .47 rear but the wheel looks the same if not bigger then the .49 Rover items i keep destroying.

Scrap what i previously said about Rover turbos, i don't want to see another one again there's only so many i'm willing to 'adapt' before it gets frustrating.

I might even melt down my circlip pliers. I hate circlips, especially big ones, big ones that guarentee mangled knuckles.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 07:28, Sat 09 October 2010 »
Turbo is fitted.

It's very responsive, noticably less lag then the Rover unit. Currently set at 14PSI, when i have more time to tinker i'll be trying to set it up to run at 20PSI.  8)

Got to keep my eye on those tyres though, those wear markers keep getting closer and closer. I wanted to try and avoid replacing them this year i was going to wait until after it'd come out of hibernation.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 18:44, Sun 10 October 2010 »
I'm scared again now.  :shock:

Car is very rapid, had to mess about with the carb and jets again. Overfuelling slightly i'm only just nudging 12's at high revs. Better safe then sorry maybe?

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 20:13, Sun 10 October 2010 »
yeah a little rich but nothing to worry about, ideally you want 12-12.3. Glad you are enjoying the car again, can't remember what it's like to drive one it's been so long  :lol:
I will have most of the parts tomorrow for mine so fingers crossed the beast will be alive !

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 15:31, Sat 23 October 2010 »
Found some decent wheels.

Team Dynamics (Monzas i think?) Not so slippy in the wet anymore, good tyres all round as well. Car doesn't look so low anymore though  :(  I know the back still needs to come down a touch to match the front.

They came with some centres but i think they look better without.

Also got myself some red/black bucket seats, unbranded but in good condition. Just need to knock together some frames. As a bonus the rears tilt, i think i'm getting too old to be sat bolt upright all the time.  :lol:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 17:55, Sat 23 October 2010 »
Looking good. The wife had some of those on her 106 xsi, nice rims.

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #89 on: 18:19, Sat 23 October 2010 »
Wheels defo look good on the 5 Ash, I agree need to bring the rear down so it's sitting just above the top of the alloy :D