Author Topic: My 89 GT-T  (Read 54784 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My 89 GT-T
« Reply #105 on: 21:30, Tue 21 December 2010 »
Off the road..........had an interesting brake pedal on the way home.  :(

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #106 on: 21:47, Tue 21 December 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Off the road..........had an interesting brake pedal on the way home.  :(

What happend Ash?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 08:37, Wed 22 December 2010 »
There is an insane amount of movement on the front passenger wheel. Looks like it's the wheel bearing. The hub nut hasn't moved from what i can see.

The brake disc must of been flapping about spreading the brake pads apart, that explains why i had to pump the pedal to get any real brakes.

I had intended to change a wheel bearing over the holidays, i was sure it was the rear wheel though. It's hard to tell when it echos around the car.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 08:09, Mon 31 January 2011 »
Got the hub off, that's in the boot ready for a trip up to CGB to get a new bearing pressed in.

Drivers side bucket seat is ready to bolt in, i kept the original sliding part of the subframe and used some stainless steel box section to bolt it to the seats. Looks a tidy job and they sit a bit lower then the originals which is good as i'm quite tall and always felt the standard seats were a little high.

Hopefully the driving position 'feels' ok, if not i will have to modifiy them.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 12:26, Mon 31 January 2011 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Got the hub off, that's in the boot ready for a trip up to CGB to get a new bearing pressed in.

Drivers side bucket seat is ready to bolt in, i kept the original sliding part of the subframe and used some stainless steel box section to bolt it to the seats. Looks a tidy job and they sit a bit lower then the originals which is good as i'm quite tall and always felt the standard seats were a little high.

Hopefully the driving position 'feels' ok, if not i will have to modifiy them.
I love it when the buckets sit low, feels more like a go cart then  :mrgreen:

Say hello to Bob for me :)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 19:07, Mon 31 January 2011 »
New bearing is pressed in. Had to replace the flange thingy-bob the brake disc bolts onto, mine was really battered, seems this might be why i keep getting through bearings so quickly.

Hope to be back in it tomorrow.  8)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 08:06, Thu 03 February 2011 »
Went for a spin in her last night.   8)

There is still a slight rumble, maybe i was right before about one of the rear wheel bearings on its way out aswell, bit annoyed but i suppose it's about time i treated it to some new rear discs anyway, i don't see much point in just changing just the bearing because the rear discs look a bit tatty anyway.

Bucket seat sits perfect, a bit lower then standard but not too low it makes your legs uncomfortable, i will put the passenger side in over the weekend.

Car seems to handle a lot better now with less wheelspin in the wet. I had a look at the trackrod ends while the front was in the air and the one side was a good 3mm shorter then the other. I adjusted them so they were even both sides and measured the distance inside the wheel both at the front and back and evened them up as best i could.

I know it's not as accurate as the garage with the lasers and what not but it's a damn sight closer then it was, maybe now i wont shread the inside of my tyres as much.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 00:47, Wed 02 March 2011 »
Pulled the passenger rear disc off earlier, definitely a rumble coming from this wheel.  Glad to see the rear discs are in perfect condition. I would be annoyed to have to cough up for a replacement pair and a pair of wheel bearings instead of just one.

Hmmmm, several years life left in them? Meh.................  :roll:

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 11:32, Thu 03 March 2011 »
Umm they look tasty :lol:

alexwebber

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 12:49, Thu 03 March 2011 »
i thought my project 5 was a nightmare! Mines nearly ready for mot (more new problems probably)..... running out of patience after a year!

Keep going man!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 03:00, Sat 05 March 2011 »
Sorted now.

They look nice and bling.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 09:34, Sat 05 March 2011 »
Looking good  8)
I'm hoping after 3 months of nbot moving that mine will clear up after a bit of use, I may have to help them a bit with some snadpaper I reckon though  :roll:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 12:38, Sat 05 March 2011 »
Quote from: "5teve L"
Looking good  8)
I'm hoping after 3 months of nbot moving that mine will clear up after a bit of use, I may have to help them a bit with some snadpaper I reckon though  :roll:

I tryed to clean the lip off the old ones, they then measured 5-4mm thick.  :shock:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 21:58, Sun 17 April 2011 »
Gave the car it's first proper clean this year.

Pictures are a bit cramped, a bunch of lads came round after a VW show so is was tripping over Golfs and Polos.

Eagle-eyed might spot the gauge on the far right sticking out slightly, wiring issues!

And a tin of Wolverhamptons finest for a reflection shot.

BabyBluGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 22:16, Sun 17 April 2011 »
Looking good matey  :D