Author Topic: possibly back on the block?  (Read 1740 times)

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
possibly back on the block?
« on: 22:57, Tue 06 April 2010 »
Hello all,
as some of you are aware of, my r5 got wrote off a few weeks ago. Well the verdict is that they have offered me 700 and my car back if i pay the towing fee's. Well my mate text me the other day and said his mate has a renault 5 gtx 1.4 non turbo that he is selling for 150 with a full years mot and 3 months tax. May have a renault 5 after all! Does anyone know or own a gtx non turbo and could give me a bit of info about them? what to be aware of..
rover twin cam power \";)\"

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: possibly back on the block?
« Reply #1 on: 23:05, Tue 06 April 2010 »
Sounds like a good deal.

Just the usual things to look out for, rusty sills, bumber mounts, floor, rear arches, windscreen.
And make sure everything works. But for 150 you can forgive a few minor points.

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: possibly back on the block?
« Reply #2 on: 00:49, Wed 07 April 2010 »
thanks mate (: i was thinking about mabey using it as a track car but ive heard they like to roll round sharp corners, not tht my old one did. Is there anyway of making it stick to the road or would you need a different kind of chasis? Strut bars and lowering does help to a certain degree but not when its being flung round corners at high speeds. Also apart from the 182 cup engine is there any other simple straight swap engines? Dont wnt to get to in depth like taking out fuel pumps, key barrels & key transponders along with the ecu to recognise it all, even though i have the ability to.
many thanks
rover twin cam power \";)\"