Author Topic: Classic Car Questions  (Read 2016 times)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Classic Car Questions
« on: 12:27, Sun 04 April 2010 »
Alright guys, just wondering,

dose any one on here get there car insured on the classic car policy?? and what do u have to do to get it on there ?? dose it save u much or is it more hassle than its worth?? also do u lose it if u got mods and shiz??

and

whats the deal with using the french pressed plates?? (black on white) agagain dose any one on here use em, how dose it make the 5 look and do the police give u much hassle

nice one  :D
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Car Questions
« Reply #1 on: 17:02, Sun 04 April 2010 »
French plates aren't road legal. You need to have the correct font and it needs to be reflective.

You could try and get away with it, i have a vinyl numberplate on my bonnet and have never had any bother. Doubt i would get away with it come MOT time though.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17:22, Sun 04 April 2010 »
depending on your age, points on your licence people will cover you with classic car insurance. the car has to be 15-20+ years old, diff companies vary. i did try but as i was under 25 with 3points i had no joy. if ur over 25 or under wi no points then pm me n ill link ya

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:05, Sun 04 April 2010 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
French plates aren't road legal. You need to have the correct font and it needs to be reflective.

You could try and get away with it, i have a vinyl numberplate on my bonnet and have never had any bother. Doubt i would get away with it come MOT time though.

never, its just i see a lot of vw beatles and campers with the french plates, even vespers and lambreters, and im sure the local plod would love to dish out points/fine  :evil:  Not sure what it would look on a 5 though, could maby make it look a bit shit (or not)

Quote from: "jayy.cfg"
depending on your age, points on your licence people will cover you with classic car insurance. the car has to be 15-20+ years old, diff companies vary. i did try but as i was under 25 with 3points i had no joy. if your over 25 or under wi no points then pm me n ill link ya

pm

thanks guys
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

loopylee

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:25, Mon 05 April 2010 »
ive got mine insured with adrian flux all mods declared and it was 380 fully comp  :D  but i have got a clean licence 7 years NCB and im 44  :shock:

lee

bniasR5GTT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13:19, Mon 05 April 2010 »
Ive got my R5 GTT insured with Heritage Performance Classic Cars Insurance, with all mods including engine performance, they also came round to evaluate the car and with a 2500 quid price tag on the motor i only paid 158 quid for a fully comp policy with 5000 restricted miles !

And im only 25 but do have 5 years no claims and a clean licence !