Author Topic: no more renault 5 :(  (Read 2844 times)

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
no more renault 5 :(
« on: 19:57, Mon 22 March 2010 »
hello all,
would just like to say my renault 5 got wrote off today  :(
i parked up and went into work, came out to find a vauxhall astra being towed had smashed into the side of it.
Expected all the damage and both axels are bent, front drivers side hub has snapped competely. drivers side drive shaft has been pushed into engine. both alloys smashed to pieces and all the panels are completely bent in ):
Such a shame and i probably wont get a lot for the write off either :/
comments are welcome
rover twin cam power \";)\"

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: no more renault 5 :(
« Reply #1 on: 21:41, Mon 22 March 2010 »
Gutted. :( What a pisser when that happens.  :(  What are your future 5 plans now - have you still got the F7P'd white one you've been keeping quiet about?!  :mrgreen:

Edit: I misread this yesterday. I thought you meant you came out and they were towing the astra away after it'd hit the 5. How the hell did they manage to do that much damage to yours in a car already being towed? :?  :?  :?:

loopylee

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23:23, Mon 22 March 2010 »
sorry to hear this mate  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

lee

Steve!

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:32, Mon 22 March 2010 »
Onwards and upwards
to Big to Big, will find another soon!!!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:31, Tue 23 March 2010 »
Just don't except the 1st offer & make sure you point out that these cars are classics, thats what I  did to get my wifes repaired, obviously you won't be going for repair but it helps toget some prices off websites like auto trader & maybe RTOC & here.
Hope if you had mods they were declared or they could weasel out of a payout  :evil:

Just be thankful you weren't in it by the sounds of it !!

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 00:34, Wed 24 March 2010 »
1st of all, yes i still have the white little 5 dr which is coming along nicely. Currently have got the 182 cup engine in and just sorting out the ecu wiring as when i got it wires on the loom had a couple dead shorts in them. Also the body welding is coming together nicely and will post all pics as soon as its done.

Thankfully i only had my turbo alloys & peco exhaust, not my carisma kit as they were not insured. Thanks for the tip and i will definantly point out that they are classics and how hard it is to grab one on the cheap. It is currently in the repair center being checked over and i should hear from them in the next couple of days i hope! Till then i will have to use my little mk1 clio rsi :)

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:06, Fri 26 March 2010 »
hey ollie sorry to hear of your loss mate i really hope it all ends well mate fingers crossed for ya  :cry:

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18:35, Fri 26 March 2010 »
cheers mate, ahhh i know such a shame. Ive talked to both my insurance and the accident repair center and they have quoted 2500 worth of damage done. Im going to see if i can get the car back aswell as some money to either repair or get another shell.

5mission: That 5 door renault 5 in a20 scrap is still there, i may grab it and chuck my engine in it. Axels + hubs look a bit rotten on it so may change almost everything :/

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20:05, Fri 26 March 2010 »
Quote from: "olie_r5"
5mission: That 5 door renault 5 in a20 scrap is still there, i may grab it and chuck my engine in it. Axels + hubs look a bit rotten on it so may change almost everything :/
You're gonna put the 1.4 from your 3dr in that 5dr? that is a good chassis, can't believe someone neglected such a mint car. I was contemplating reshelling mine but I'm sorting it now instead. :D

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13:38, Sun 28 March 2010 »
yeee im thinking about it, i rung them up yesterday and they said that they could take the engine out and prepare it so i can take it home for 100. Not to sure yet though, i may just sell my 3dr in bits and the engine which has a new clutch, prestolite 90 amp starter motor, new water pump, brand new head gasket & distributor. Im still waiting to know how much there going to give me but im considering buying a 2000 seat ibiza for my work car but not sure yet, suggestions anyone? ( has to have a fairly relaible engine)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23:09, Sun 28 March 2010 »
I'd say to get one of these. They're great fun and very reliable  :wink:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:15, Mon 29 March 2010 »
naaaah thats a girls car! get a civic esi with 135bhp from na 1.6 vtec and amaizing handling/reliability and you can pick them up in decent nick for 700 quid!

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19:12, Wed 31 March 2010 »
its all good now ;) saved a bit of money and bought myself a honda integra type r off my mate, pictures soon

Steve!

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22:00, Wed 31 March 2010 »
Quote from: "olie_r5"
its all good now ;) saved a bit of money and bought myself a honda integra type r off my mate, pictures soon

I love thiose cars
to Big to Big, will find another soon!!!

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18:44, Thu 01 April 2010 »
very fast car i have to say, its been race tuned from a company called sva imports in dover. I have a test sheet somewhere ill have to write down the spec for you all. It completely ruined a impreza last night at the traffic lights haha