Author Topic: gay campus  (Read 7426 times)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: gay campus
« Reply #15 on: 16:21, Wed 17 March 2010 »
The rear axle is held on with 4 large bolt and the rear shocks, easiest way to do it is find a donor car and take the axle complete with the brake bias valve and swap it onto the campus.

Another option to do is leave the campus axle on like i have, handles ok from what i've felt so far and the drum brakes work well enough too (no siezing calipers as usual).
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

5gttaron

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19:04, Wed 17 March 2010 »
right last thing is how do i go about wirering up the dash loom???? and there is a pipe that comes off the carb on the right that doesnt go anywere it looks simular to the were the fuel line connets in

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19:33, Wed 17 March 2010 »
Quote from: "5gttaron"
right last thing is how do i go about wirering up the dash loom???? and there is a pipe that comes off the carb on the right that doesnt go anywere it looks simular to the were the fuel line connets in

Do you mean drivers side or passenger side mate?

Are you using gt clocks on the dash? If so pull dash out and swap the loom over mate, you may have to change the chassis leg loom too if yours doesn't connect up correctly as some campus looms are different to turbo.

olie_r5

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23:33, Tue 20 April 2010 »
as for dash wiring use a test light and find your lives and earths. You may need a pin removing tool and dash plugs so you can rewire. If i lived near ya would have lent you a hand being an auto electrician LOL
rover twin cam power \";)\"

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15:49, Wed 26 May 2010 »
can anyone confirm if the chassis leg looms need changing to the turbo ones, also the rear looms for lights and pump.

im half way through doing my conversion and dont want to scrap the gtt shell with them in it if i need them

oh my campus is a 95 and has efi if that helps

thanks

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16:16, Wed 26 May 2010 »
I can't remember if you do or not need to change the chassis leg loom mate, best thing is to keep the gt one just incase.

Also the rear loom will be different abit different on the drivers side so worth keeping that from the gt shell too.

gt alan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16:45, Wed 26 May 2010 »
thanks mate

im gonna be keepin the campus tank too

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17:09, Wed 26 May 2010 »
Quote from: "gt alan"
thanks mate

im gonna be keepin the campus tank too

The tanks are identical on the outside, only the gt has a baffle in there.
You will need the gt pump though, sender unit is same on campus 1.4 and turbo so no need to swap that either

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:07, Fri 28 May 2010 »
Hondaman - out of interest, is your 5 a campus lookalike?

Just that I sold one a while back with a similar mileage on the clock. If it is - is it blue? :)

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18:09, Mon 28 March 2011 »
if this thread is a list of things u need to change for the campus convertion i got 2 things 2 add to the list

rear windows are sealed closed on the campus but they still have the hole to bolt the hinges into they just have little covers over em

and the skirts all need to be riveted on some how
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

modfather

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:01, Wed 30 March 2011 »
i have done this conversion myself, i have uesd the original dash loom from the 1.4 gts, while using the gt clocks, all working fine.had to add a couple more relays ie fuel pump, also found that there is a bracket for a brake bias, i swapped all brakes,suspension torsion bar etc for gt items, had to change engine loom, driver side loom (inside the car) for the fuel pump