Author Topic: in-car dumpvalve : how to?  (Read 1862 times)

VintageSpeed

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
in-car dumpvalve : how to?
« on: 12:52, Thu 25 February 2010 »
Anyone fitted this and took some pictures?

What to connect/disconnect?

Is there another place usable instead of the clock, which I would like to keep in place..?

Thanks!

linni

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: in-car dumpvalve : how to?
« Reply #1 on: 15:44, Thu 25 February 2010 »
dump valve or boost valve bud? not too sure anyones ever put a dumpvalve inside their car before  :roll:

VintageSpeed

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:49, Thu 25 February 2010 »
Quote from: "linni"
dump valve or boost valve bud? not too sure anyones ever put a dumpvalve inside their car before  :roll:

:lol: bleedvalve indeed  :mrgreen:

not sure what I was thinking

dumpvalve is already in place

linni

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:01, Fri 26 February 2010 »
haha thats a crazy idea i might just hide one inside my glovebox to scare people in the passenger seat  :twisted:
to be honest mate those adjustable boost valves arent really any good for the 5s due to the carb.obviously you have to set your carb up accurately to the amount of boost your running
therefore adjusting the boost would mean having to change the amount of fuel going into the carb which means changing jets.as the carb obviously cant adjust itsself as an efi system would be adjusted by the ecu it would just cause your car to run an incorrect mixture probably causing more damage than having that little extra boost is worth :wink:

jimmy_b

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 00:12, Sun 07 March 2010 »
my bleed valve is fitted just to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. mines set to run 14psi when locked shut and 20psi fully open.

its true that it will always be fueling for 20psi but this wont damage the engine. running rich is ok but never let it run lean!

i fitted mine because day to day driving on 20psi gets stupid especially in the wet when you want to keep your tyres on the road lol

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 00:46, Sun 07 March 2010 »
Quote from: "jimmy_b"
my bleed valve is fitted just to the left of the steering wheel on the dash. mines set to run 14psi when locked shut and 20psi fully open.

its true that it will always be fueling for 20psi but this wont damage the engine. running rich is ok but never let it run lean!

i fitted mine because day to day driving on 20psi gets stupid especially in the wet when you want to keep your tyres on the road lol

Running to rich isn't good either