Author Topic: Stupid pilot light.  (Read 2162 times)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Stupid pilot light.
« on: 21:53, Mon 08 February 2010 »
I've had enough or click click clicking for one night, i've had enough of everything gas related.

I've had enough of life............

Sooooooooooooo.........i sent this to the housing association.

Hi, could you please arrange for someone to come and have a look at my gas fire....again.

There is still problems with the pilot light, it has gradually been getting more and more difficult to light and now it has failed completly, we have been without heating and hot water for nearly 3 days now.

We have had people come out and look at it before but theres never a problem? Surely there must be something wrong with it somewhere, it's ok for them to light the pilot light while the rest of the fire is in 100 pieces on the floor but unfortunatly i am lacking the correct qualifications to practice this method.

I look forward to hearing from you.

For all of those with bag of s**t heating..........i feel your pain.

I have pain on the tips of my fingers....blisters even. It's taken me 30 mins to right this post.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid pilot light.
« Reply #1 on: 21:56, Mon 08 February 2010 »
P.S

For all you people with dicky ignition wotsits, never ever ever ever have a prepayment swipe your card and rip you off thingys.

I might have a word with my gas/electric supplier, but i'll wait until i have calmed down, at this moment i feel like sending a poo in a Jiffy bag.

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 22:00, Mon 08 February 2010 »
That's gotta be so gay ! . Its quite sharpe outside aswell ! And to think I bet you pay your gas bill dead on time every time and for what Customer service ? Id bet a dime' that a greasey Burger flipper would offer you more service

IMO i would contact there HR . and log an offical complaint ,

Seems to be popular issue as to people around here i know have had no heating since late last week , You got any children ?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22:14, Mon 08 February 2010 »
The 3 days was an exaggeration to get them to get a move on. The meter ran out this morning while i wasn't looking. It does that to spite me, when i look it has credits but as soon as i turn my back....off it goes.

I am half to blame, i admit i shouldn't let it run out and most the time i don't but when it does run out surely i should be able to light the pilot light without to much grief, especially when i have moaned my tits off about it for god knows how long.

yojimsindahouse

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22:25, Mon 08 February 2010 »
:lol:

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22:45, Mon 08 February 2010 »
Quote from: "yojimsindahouse"
:lol:
:lol: Same here, not at you Ash ya understand - at your bruv!! There sympathy for ya!

yojimsindahouse

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:51, Mon 08 February 2010 »
:mrgreen: i was laughing at the (at this moment i feel like sending a poo in a Jiffy bag.)
and the (It does that to spite me, when i look it has credits but as soon as i turn my back....off it goes.)   :lol:
funny person:)

Ruivar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22:57, Mon 08 February 2010 »
Living without heating is a pain! Literally!! I lived 6 weeks (mid November to first in January) with only one of five radiators functioning, and the only working radiator was only producing 1/4 of its normal energi. So surely, this one radiator couldn't heat the whole apartment. I mean come on, there was frost on the inside of my bedroom windows every morning! :x  Ash-Lee I know how you feel!
I must admit, even though it's a bit feminine, my primary heat source was candles, and a whole damn lot of them! It was crazy! :lol:
But it's all good now :D
What happens when you blow on fire?