Author Topic: ello all  (Read 2129 times)

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
ello all
« on: 20:16, Thu 04 February 2010 »
ola amigos! my name is Matt and as the name suggests my background is in hondas. however im takin a break from the jap scene as i think ive fallen in love with the R5. i came up with the idea of gettin 1 as i think im gunna need a cheap as fook car to get me to college and back so i can do motorsport engineering :) i was thinkin of gettin just a campus 1.4 and boostin it although theres a few things im unsure of. i know the engine is a C1J but is there any difference  between the NA version and the gtt version??

cheers, matt

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: ello all
« Reply #1 on: 23:32, Thu 04 February 2010 »
Quote from: "hondaman"
i know the engine is a C1J but is there any difference  between the NA version and the gtt version??
cheers, matt
What apart from the GTT being turbocharged you mean?! :mrgreen:  Mechanically, the aspirated C1J is very similar to the GTT and apparently parts will swap over easily although some of the internals are slightly different I'm told. Renault should never have bothered developing an aspirated C1J in my opinion as the turbo develops nearly double the power of it!
Other differences are rear discs on the turbo and a rear brake bias compensator thingy..

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:57, Fri 05 February 2010 »
well ive been doin a bit of research into it ant it seems you can convert them by using a timing chain tensioner from a gtt and drilling an oil hole just behind it aswell as using the gtt's liners and pistons. and obviously turbo mani and intake mani

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:23, Fri 05 February 2010 »
You can use the crankcase like you say with slight modification, but most importantly you can use the crankshaft as well. Chances are the N/A engine will have seen an easier life.

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:26, Fri 05 February 2010 »
i really want a campus for insurance reasons, any idea as to the fuel mileage in terms of MPG?? also anyone know anyone who wants a grey civic rolling shell so i  can get me a 5??