Author Topic: My lil Clio Turbo Conversion  (Read 9157 times)

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
My lil Clio Turbo Conversion
« on: 14:08, Wed 03 February 2010 »
After many years having a R5 Turbo the usual rust took its hold on my poor car and ended its life..... I put it in my garage and tried to sus out where to start...

i was originally planned to get the rust round the windscreen fixed. But when i took the side skirts off i discovered this on both sides..............

After discovering this i was so disheartened and i knew that me mate nicky was selling his lil Clio Maxim S so i snapped it up so that i could make the beast stay alive.

It took me a while to strip the turbo down but i got there in the end and i began rebuilding the r5 into the clio

it took me a few days to do the conversion, i changed the oil, leads, plugs, recon t2 turbo from turbo technics, Whilst doing the conversion i changed the brakes over to the GTT brake discs and calipers, obviously 100% better breaking than the solid discs of the clio lol.

Once the clio had been converted i looked at making the crappy front end alot better looking, i managed to source a 16v front end from a local breakers. Eventually ill get them painted so itll look better on the eye.

The alloys i manged 2 get for a steal from my ex gfs brother only paid 40 for them not bad they are early 172 clio alloys.

+At the moment ive had a few teething problems with it, like the Bastard wont idle and cuts out at junctions.
+Has a slight misfire prob 2 do with the idle fault
+Needs carb setting up
+Oh and the best one.....the oil ways between water and oil have split in the rad, a minute droplets of oil are in the water.

Hope you all liked viewing...would love to hear your views,,,,,,it is still an on going project

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: My lil Clio Turbo Conversion
« Reply #1 on: 15:54, Wed 03 February 2010 »
Nice 1! Looks like you've done a sound job there - is it your daily driver?
By the way I've never seen the A-pillars go on a 5 that badly before?! I remember you saying you were scrapping it - never saw any pics of the extent of the rot before. :?

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16:59, Wed 03 February 2010 »
Lol terrible enit lol dunno y it went bad was totally rotten. I still gt a few bits left off it still if anyone wants em. Yeah my daily runner i do half a mile a day lol turns on straight on the button

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:51, Wed 03 February 2010 »
What half a mile there and back? You should walk it! :o  The engine will hardly be getting warm and as you know you're supposed to let the engine run for a few minutes before driving off and before turning off..

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:07, Thu 04 February 2010 »
i find letting the car sit and warm up before driving really blackens the spark plugs , well it did on the eunos turbo so i dont bother anymore i just take it easy for a few miles

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:33, Thu 04 February 2010 »
I let it warm up a lil b4 setting off i never rag the car anyways runs spot on wen ryt lol only prob is i need to wire in universal choke cable.  Lol

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21:17, Sun 07 February 2010 »
Nice project ..and ooya about the rust on the 5.

Clio looks good aswell ..cant wait to drive mine again  :)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22:19, Sun 07 February 2010 »
The pipework looks crazy.  :lol:

I imagine half the trouble is finding space to fit all the various ancillaries and brackets, there doesn't seem to be as much room on the inner wings as there is under the R5 bonnet.

yojimsindahouse

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23:41, Sun 07 February 2010 »
ive got a clio :) same colour aswell
it would look nice with some anthrincite williams wheels and a 16v or williams interior

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19:39, Wed 10 February 2010 »
i gotta sort the interior out atm as uve prob seen in the wanted section im after a new turbo as mines cracked badly making all sorts of noises. My batterys located in the boot cos the engine bays smaller thaN A 5 proper tight in there lol

yojimsindahouse

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22:22, Fri 19 February 2010 »
hi mate if you need any bits for the clio im breaking a clio rsi in monaco blue with a williams interior
just ask if you need anything

Austin-182

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17:59, Wed 24 February 2010 »
Looks intresting this one il keep an eye on it

dubstep

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16:05, Thu 04 March 2010 »
good work so far, i quite like the black 16v bits to be honest! heh
I joined to sell my 480 engine and now i want a 5!

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7434

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:52, Fri 05 March 2010 »
Next week im getting her painted all one colour, ive bought all new suspension fr the front 120 gotta love europarts, hopefully going santapod at end ov month...

stoneboy2k3

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:41, Fri 19 March 2010 »
Quote from: "stoneboy2k3"
Next week im getting her painted all one colour, ive bought all new suspension fr the front 120 gotta love europarts, hopefully going santapod at end ov month...

Cars getting sprayed monday whoop whoop pics soon