Author Topic: Turbochargers ...whats best for me?  (Read 1091 times)

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Turbochargers ...whats best for me?
« on: 20:25, Mon 21 December 2009 »
Hi folks ...im gunna bite the bullet and buy a brand new turbo. im sick of changing the second hand ones ive had lol. Im also sick of spinning housings etc ...just want one that will fit and last  :lol: . Last turbo i had only blew cos i left the car sat for a month ...then started it up without priming...it then started smoking like a chimney(oil coming out exhaust housing area after we disconected the downpipe).

Right so here's my question ...i want a turbo that will boost without a lot of lag ..but i want one that wont kick in on the motorway at 2.5k revs.

I drive on the country roads and would like something that isnt too laggy ...am i asking for too much lol.

Also any idea's where id get one that will fit straight on? Ive seen the cr turbo's post on the forsale bit ...undecided on what i want tho.

Sorry for rambling on lol ..but any help would be awesome folks ;)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Turbochargers ...whats best for me?
« Reply #1 on: 21:21, Mon 21 December 2009 »
Boost level will be a key factor as well.

I use a T25 with the .49 exhaust, this is perfect around town and on the motorway, the boost guage shows hardly anything.

But........it takes up to nearly 4'000RPM for it to really start going, if you like blasting around tight lanes you will need to keep it on the boil.

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22:45, Mon 21 December 2009 »
niceone for the info ...i will be looking for a new turbo at a later date now ...just managed a bargain ..two t2 turbo's standard for 45 delivered ..both in working order.. they will arrive in the post next week lol ..when those two turbo's die i will get a brand new turbo.

Only reason im being a tight ass about it is the fact my car isnt even worth 300  :lol:  :lol:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23:11, Mon 21 December 2009 »
The cost of repairs, upgrades and maintanence etc can easily start to outweigh the actual value of the car.

I have never had the chance to use a new turbo, but if i work it out it's been a false economy, the amount i've spent on old turbos over the years could of got me a nice new shiny one.