Author Topic: noisy heater fan  (Read 2803 times)

mucsmith

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
noisy heater fan
« on: 21:47, Fri 11 December 2009 »
hi all ive got a sqeeky heater fan is this common??? ive got chance of another one for 15 kwid !! is it a big job to change it or can i stop mine from sqeeking easily thanx marc

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: noisy heater fan
« Reply #1 on: 22:22, Fri 11 December 2009 »
I'm sure it's a common problem. Mine squeaks like mad.

You can just lift the fan out where you see it in the engine bay, should have a grill covering it. Then i imagine it's just a case of applying a bit of grease and hope it stays quiet.

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19:32, Sat 12 December 2009 »
i am having the same problem you mostly hear it when the fan is up full its a pain in the ass lol..but i will give it some grease n see how that goes :D
RENAULT 5 GT TURBO CAMPUS

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19:57, Sat 12 December 2009 »
get some wd40 sprayed on it ..noise should go away  :)

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:33, Mon 14 December 2009 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
I'm sure it's a common problem. Mine squeaks like mad.

You can just lift the fan out where you see it in the engine bay, should have a grill covering it. Then i imagine it's just a case of applying a bit of grease and hope it stays quiet.

As simple as grease it up and slide it in :lol:

As Ash sais it simply just needs the grease applied and it will be quiet. Remove the fan cover in the scuttle and push the retaining clips to remove the fan this can be a little fiddly dependant on your sausage fingers but if you have girly hands like me this is a piece of piss.

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:57, Tue 05 January 2010 »
i have a noisey fan aswell. need this sorting asap. also my heaters aint that warm

eddy_gtt

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:37, Tue 05 January 2010 »
pulled my fan out today, oiled it up a little and the squeek has gone wen i spin it fan by hand, fitted the fan back in to place and now it dont work  :(  any idea what it could be?

Chip Fosse

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:54, Tue 03 January 2017 »
Hello Guys,

Im new to the forum here and new to automecanic , but i did manage to get the fan out of its base , cleaned it up but now im asking myself where do i put the grease . I see the coile but greasing that would be rather a bad idea i guess . I do get the rattling sound when it spins but when i hold my finger with less pressure on top it stops . So i took it out for a good cleaning but what part of the f