Author Topic: first 5 ever !! mid life crises :->  (Read 1870 times)

mucsmith

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
first 5 ever !! mid life crises :->
« on: 22:13, Wed 02 December 2009 »
hi all!!!! im new just bought my first r5 gtt and its a raider on a g reg ! could anyone tell me how many  uk models were made and how many are left on the road ? its standard apart from clio wheels and engine mods !! i bought it sunday and today it went into the bodyshop for a complete resprey , im trying to get it to look as standard as possible and have the origanal wheels refurbd ! i realy need a standard parcel shelf and a good drivers seat if anyone can help???? im in scarborough n/yorks and would like to hear of anyone nearby with a 5 or any 5 meets in the north of england ??? cheers marc :)

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
Re: first 5 ever !! mid life crises :->
« Reply #1 on: 23:57, Wed 02 December 2009 »
Welcome

''1991 - Raider model was launched. This was a special edition in honour of DIDIER AURIOLS wins and was finished in Motorsport blue colour coded wheels with blue flecked seats black carpet else note there is no decals and there is no truth in the ruhmers that the RAIDER was faster it was exactly the same engine .they where made in a limted edition numbers expected to be in there hundreds.

Raiders are sort after because of there limited numbers, if you had the chance to own some thing of a limited edtion then you more than likely would , 5's are rare in standerd form let alone the raiders''

ATB

matt

mucsmith

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: first 5 ever !! mid life crises :->
« Reply #2 on: 06:29, Thu 03 December 2009 »
thanks for the info . i love these cars and have wanted one for years!! big smile appeard on my face when i test drove it and i had to have it :D  :D  :D  .its not perfect but hopfuly by next year it will be just need a few bits and bobs !! cheers marc :roll: