Author Topic: Good Evening...  (Read 1703 times)

GTTurbofilthmonger

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Good Evening...
« on: 08:16, Sat 28 November 2009 »
Hi all...

My name is Steve and i'm from Derbyshire/Leicestershire (RIGHT on the border).

I owned a 5 GT Turbo when i was 23 (Now 31!).

I kick myself when i look back at how i treated that car, i knew nothing :(

Anyway, now i got me a huge double garage with no partition and i'm going to make amends.... It helps that i'm now a second year student on a motorsport degree and i can tell my Wastegate from my Washer bottle!

So, ignore the fact that i have a BMW for my main drive at the mo, and have had for the last 9 cars... I should, all going to plan, have another GT Jan/Feb. Hey... If you're around my way and thinking of selling but can wait till then, then get in touch, I'll come take a look :)

I'd also love to hear if anyone has heard anything about my old car, Purple, (It was all the rage back then!) reg was G 875 ERU, i've looked on the dvla website and it's not registered as scrapped. i'll try to scan some photo's in later, (we hadn't joined the digital revolution back then!)

Cheers, Steve
Anyone seen or know what happened to G875 ERU?

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
Re: Good Evening...
« Reply #1 on: 17:40, Tue 01 December 2009 »
Welcome back into the world of premature hair loss , scared hands and uber amounts of thrills lol !

ive been having a little looky recently for myself and i will say this my friend , and i hope no one is offended but just be careful as there are some really bad examples going for really silly money !

Rot free shell is the way forward IMO as anything else can be changed a whole lot cheaper and quicker and easyer and then you know the score ! . OE is the way forward with out doubt
but each to there own !

all the best

Regards Matt!

GTTurbofilthmonger

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Good Evening...
« Reply #2 on: 10:31, Wed 02 December 2009 »
Thanks for the kind words... very wise, i agree OE is the way!

Cheers, Steve
Anyone seen or know what happened to G875 ERU?