Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 2857 times)

Matt_GTT

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Hi all!
« on: 02:44, Mon 09 November 2009 »
Hi all :D
Got myself a GTT the day before yesterday! Wow finally! :lol:
Really wanted one for years so i guess you can imagine how happy i am right now!
I'm Matt, im 23 and i'm used to fast cars (just got rid of a 200sx to get the 5 :P )
Loving the turbo so far, but now its in bits in my garage!
All the kit is off, and interior is nearly out! Really not feeling the Ali-g yellow and im painting it white (standard white, as it is under the carpets lol!)
I'm a qualified sprayer so nothing too hard lol!

Just wondered if anyone can help me determine if its a phase 1 or 2??
its D reg so its kinda on the cusp so if anyone can point out what to look for ??

Cheers!!
Matt :lol:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: 15:57, Mon 09 November 2009 »
99.9% D reg will b phase 1, chang-over was E reg IIRC.
Has the rear arch got little vents in it as it comes up from the sill?
Also the AEI will be in the engine bay (unless it's been moved)
some early ph 1's had oil cooled turbo's as well (as opposed to water & oil
Seats were a different colour to ph 2 (not much good if yours has aftermarket seats)
No spoiler either on ph 1

Matt_GTT

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:22, Tue 10 November 2009 »
Yes it has the vents in the kit but it has been modified in its lifetime! but the kit i'm 100% sure is original as the respray has been over the kit and not under it lol!!!

The Engine is heavily modified also (many receipts from turbo technics), the turbo is a turbo technics stage 2 item with both oil and water cooling, the last owner also pointed out that he had fitted a stage 2 header tank to accommodate this better!

The interior has also succumb to the "boy racer" previous owner, and currently has no carpet and standard PH2 seats in fair condition bar drivers seat bolster!
I really dont understand how all of this has gone on, as the car seems to have a mere 55000 miles, as the old MOT's back this up lol must have been a project for many people, including an ali-g fan at some point!

On the whole the car is in a bit of a state, but nothing i can't handle!! i'm looking to return it to         a standard white, with the complete ph1 interior with the engine mods cleaned up (its a mess under there lol)
Don't suppose there's a wiring diagram available on here is there?? mines pretty ropey and i'm not a fan of mess! lol

Thanks for the speedy reply!!
Matt!! 8)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:54, Tue 10 November 2009 »
Saying that I can't recall a white ph 1, pearl white yes, & I've seen black, electric blue, red & seen pictures of a yellow one I think, never white though, unless my mind is playing up  :?  ??

It hasn't got a private plate has it... D reg is 86 IIRC

Matt_GTT

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:26, Tue 10 November 2009 »
Nope definately a normal plate :) and the engine bay is also white, maybe its had more than one respray? yeah D plate is 86, my cars as old as me !!  :lol:

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:31, Thu 12 November 2009 »
i see a white 1 in the scrappy dwn at BnT Salvage, Letting Green which i know a few people like myself and others around the areas of it took some parts of it. was a mint shell but was not for sale as it was under the scrappage scheme.

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:37, Thu 12 November 2009 »
Welcome aboard mate.
An 86 will be a phase 1. My one is as old as me too  :lol:
I'm glad to hear you're putting it back as it should be. Are you going for the black plastic kit or giving that a new coat as well?

Good lock with the project and get some photos up of your progress  :D

Matt_GTT

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:30, Fri 13 November 2009 »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! :D
Im going with Bmw Alpineweisse, and VW schwarzmetall for the kit, so it will all be painted, but still have the retro vibes :)

I have some piccies to put up, finally got it all torn down to the shell, bar the glass, still need that out!
Started cutting out the rust, bloody sills! lol 8)
Other than the sills, and rear bumper mounts, the shell's solid as  a rock  :lol:
Anyways i'll get the pics up asap, as they will make more sence than me lol
Cheers

Matt