Author Topic: another day another problem  (Read 860 times)

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
another day another problem
« on: 18:27, Mon 19 October 2009 »
alright guys started up the 5 there and as the temperature went up the standard temp guage is bouncin up and down like mad, when i stop sometimes it'll settle to around the half way mark or wherever it may be. the fan is still cutting in. could this be a bad earth or somethin as simple? also any ideas as to why the top of one of my plugs snapped off? had a miss & found the lead hangin with top of plug in it? bought new plugs & leads there anyway so no biggy. cheers

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: another day another problem
« Reply #1 on: 18:54, Mon 19 October 2009 »
If the needle is bouncing around a lot then check the connection to the water temperature sensor, it's fitted on into the top of the water pump.

If it's bobbing up and down slightly then you might have air in the coolant system.

Not sure what caused the cracked plug, maybe it was fitted a bit heavy handed or maybe with the incorrect tool? Or it could of just been a 'bad' one.

schwartz

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21:12, Mon 19 October 2009 »
my temp gauge used to do that and it was the connectors on top of water pump both wires were down to bout 1 strand each lol! my rev gauge still does it when the hazards go on lol dono what that is if anyone has any ideas??
IF IT AINT BROKE BREAK IT!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:19, Mon 19 October 2009 »
Quote from: "schwartz"
my temp gauge used to do that and it was the connectors on top of water pump both wires were down to about 1 strand each lol! my rev gauge still does it when the hazards go on lol dono what that is if anyone has any ideas??

Possibly check the connections at the instrument panel itself. My rev counter used to bounce but it no longer does it, not sure what i did it just stopped. Needles rise and fall slightly when i turn the lights on/off as well.  :roll:

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21:21, Mon 19 October 2009 »
yeah its going up an down like mad so ill get a look at it 2moro, cheers folks

willymcveigh

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23:55, Wed 28 October 2009 »
sorted, wire was hanging out