Author Topic: New bod looking for a GTT with good original bodywork  (Read 1458 times)

gothicsanta

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
New bod looking for a GTT with good original bodywork
« on: 12:40, Thu 22 October 2009 »
Hi all

I almost threw my 'career path' down the drain when the Raider was a few years old - I sooooooo wanted one!  I still remember the test drive to this day, the car had done less than 20k and was as tight as ****.

I actually did own a GTT some years ago a red 1990 car in standard condition but circumstances meant I sold it after only a short period of time.

Since then I've had a stack of performance cars, the best being between a 340hp Mitsubishi Evo 8 and an extensively modified Mazda MX-5 (250rwhp turbocharged, intercooled, ECU etc).

I'm now looking for something considerably cheaper (baby on way :-)) so the GTT has come up as a possibility - I still love 'em!

I don't really want to spend more than 2k and I want a car with completely original bodywork but one that has had it's engine uprated - I need it reliable and faster than stock (ie. uprated head gasket for one!) as I know the standard performance wouldn't be enough in today's world, especially with the cars I've had.

I have seen cars around this figure with what I am looking for - in fact 1500 may well be enough....

BUT I know only too well that an advert is one thing and owning another.

So please tell me your experiences and what sort of safe/reliable power can be had for what kind of money....

Cheers  :D

PS.  I still fancy a Raider - anyone got an original for sale  :wink: