Author Topic: Damn Scrapage Scheme :(  (Read 2820 times)

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Damn Scrapage Scheme :(
« on: 21:32, Mon 05 October 2009 »
Well last week i started working for arnold clark. Got a phone call from a mate who worked down the road at the renault dealership saying "a renault 5 gt turbo's been traded in man ...come down"

I went down  ...it was electric blue! it had 19k on the clock ..yes ...19k!! it was totally standard ..the interior is mint ...so i thought to myself "ill go ask if its for sale" ..turns out they cant legally sell it to anyone ..it has to be scrapped  :(  :(

Turns out the owner was in his 50's and had the car garaged since 1995 ..there was a few bits of bubbling rust ..gutted tbh.

BUT! ...i then asked if i could take bits off it ..they replied "aslong as it will drive onto the flat bed"

So ive been out 2nite stripping pipes of the engine for my clio gtt ...was tempted to load the full engine into my sisters clio ...but didnt think she'd be too pleased  :lol:

So thats my day ...the scrappage scheme makes me sick to my stomach tbh  :(  :(

garya

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 23:16, Mon 05 October 2009 »
fuck sake :O what spare parts did u get.did they say u can take enything off the car?? wat garage was this at mate cheers.
RENAULT 5 GT TURBO CAMPUS

james70

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 00:37, Tue 06 October 2009 »
a renault delership scrapping a rare renault?

wtf!
*** Window tinting service - Mail me ***

---WANTED---
Clear fogs

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 17:11, Tue 06 October 2009 »
Oh no, not a phase 1? :(
Funny thing is, if it was that low milage and only had tiny bits of surface rust it could've sold for a few grand, but I bet they only gave him a thousand for the trade in.

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 18:26, Tue 06 October 2009 »
I grabbed a fair bit off it ...like all of the pipes...intercooler..airbox ... still got some bits to steal off it 2mora nite ...which is the turbo..turbo heatshield and swap my carb round on it :) Also gunna grab the wheels lol.

it was in bishopbriggs ...i kno one of the salesman gary ..the only reason i got to take bits off it.

It was a phase 1 :( ...interior was absolutely mint :)

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 18:41, Tue 06 October 2009 »
What a shame. Where's the interior now then ;) :lol:

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 20:20, Tue 06 October 2009 »
hopefully still at the dealership ..going 2mora after work :) ...if not ..its a cube of metal now :(

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 21:03, Tue 06 October 2009 »
yeah they can sell everything except the shell from all scrapage scheme cars so i found out.

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 23:09, Thu 08 October 2009 »
Turns out the scrappage dudes who picked the car up brought it back as it didnt run and was pissing oil. Woops ...i disconnected the turbo oil feed when they were trying to turn it over LOL

The salesman my mate is getting into shit for this so i had to return some of the parts to get it running ..unless he'd get the sack :( ...im seriously considering on calling the scrappy and asking how much for the car now! ...here's hoping its cheap :P

james70

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 17:53, Wed 14 October 2009 »
do it
*** Window tinting service - Mail me ***

---WANTED---
Clear fogs

Bass J

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 21:08, Wed 14 October 2009 »
Well the cars been scrapped :( ...i didnt wanna call my mate to run salt in his wound as he got sent home due to getting into crap for telling me it was ok to take parts :( ...so this car will probs be a cube now :(

Bigfoot

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 21:48, Wed 14 October 2009 »
Same story with a mint phase 1 down this way, had 52k miles on the clock, stripped so many parts off it but this was from the breakers who get these scrapped cars.

Also a bloke has my number who hopefully will ring, he has a 1 owner from new renault 5 raider, totally original but was going to put it through the scrappage scheme, i just hope he changes his mind. But would be wanting 2k for the car as thats what he would get for it.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 22:20, Wed 14 October 2009 »
yeah bigfoot i had some parts off that car. was a nice shell