Author Topic: just bought some stuff need help  (Read 4076 times)

loz2ky

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
just bought some stuff need help
« on: 01:29, Tue 21 July 2009 »
hi i dont have a install at the moment but just bought this off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0372507399 what else would a need do you think and what speakers do you recommend cheers also will my battery and stuff be powerfull enough or will i have to get extra stuff am a newbie so any help would be greatful

loz2ky

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
also
« Reply #1 on: 01:30, Thu 23 July 2009 »
i been told i could do with some 6x9s what size watts u recommend and he said i could do with a power cap not sure what one is and if i actually need one cheers

r5 rich

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 07:43, Thu 23 July 2009 »
that kit won`t be that powerful I am afraid. The amps are well over rated with the peak and rms power that they say on the box.

You won`t need a power cap as the system won`t be pulling SPL level but a thing to do is uprate the car earths on the battery to help lights dimming if this happens, a normal battery will be ok aslong as you don`t sit there without the engine on blasting it for ages and if it holds it charge and works correctly.

The thing with 6x9s in the parcel shelf and subs in the boot is that it creates a cushion of air on to the cone of the 6x9 and in the end they start to fart and sound crap.

loz2ky

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 11:46, Thu 23 July 2009 »
so u got any ideas on what a shud do regarding to the 6x9s do a really need them a just wanted something half decent to listin to and it seemed like a good idea with the cd player comes with it cheers for your help

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: just bought some stuff need help
« Reply #4 on: 19:39, Tue 23 March 2010 »
should of done some research before spending a penny mate