Author Topic: BackFires in First Gear Change over  (Read 1827 times)

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
BackFires in First Gear Change over
« on: 22:54, Tue 30 June 2009 »
Basically after a wk of looking at the problems i finally got it on the road but now in first gear of what i know when i change gear it backfires.

Does any1 know the course why this is doing it.my mate did play wi hte fuel boost thing i believe.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 23:02, Tue 30 June 2009 »
also the temp keeps going up, and the rad isnt cutting in, where wud i neeed to check for the rad? in the fuse box under dash the fan fuse is fine

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 00:55, Wed 01 July 2009 »
FIRSTLY i wouldnt drive it anymore , backfire can mean anything HT leads in wrong order would certainly cause backfire

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 10:01, Wed 01 July 2009 »
I dont intend to drive it atm as i need to get a new ball joint anyway and i need to sort out the fan as the temp jus goes up n up when idling

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 17:38, Thu 02 July 2009 »
For the overheating, you'll need to check the fan motor, switch and relay.
And make sure everythings plugged in first up  8)

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 19:55, Thu 02 July 2009 »
Does it backfire when you boot it in first gear or even with slight acceleration ?

Have you let it proper overheat ie: steam  and coolant everywhere ?
Site Administrator

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 22:38, Thu 02 July 2009 »
no i have let it get to nearly the forth bar then turned car off, it does take like 5-10 mins for the cars temp to start raising after kicked over. i checkd the fans wires and all wired up, im going to get a new fan n switch and see if it is that. well the car hadnt bin started over for over 18months so i took it for a test drive dwn the road and it backfired when i booted it in first to 2nd, i was thinking it mite b the old petrol that was in it and mixed with fresh petrol. after i get my parts i need now for it, il retake it out n see if it does it.

i checked the relay aswell and that works fine

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 22:47, Thu 02 July 2009 »
ok wrong and wrong , firstly is the over boost sensor connected,
i did exactly the same thing when i got my 5, asked exactly the same qestion and got exatly the right awnser to the right soluition,if the boost sensor is fitted it will sence over boost and cut ignition to protect killing the turbo and engine

and secondly its ethier a rad sender relay or fuse fail,

r5gttraider

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 22:52, Thu 02 July 2009 »
JUST TO AD TRY FABING A TEMPERY FUSED LIVE AND EARTH AND SEEING IF THE FAN DOES WORK JUST START THERE, THEN TEST THE RAD SENDER WITH A MULTI METER, AND AFTER THAT IF ITS NOT A FUSE ITS THE RELAY

sorry for caps only just relised lol

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 23:30, Thu 02 July 2009 »
the relay is fine, swapped it over wi the battery relay and it still kicked over so i no that is fine. what is fabing ?

As Far as im aware all wires are connected, where is this wire sensor ment to be at ? and wats it look like ? i will look at it 2moro or over wkend. As its too dark and i jus fitted two new ball joints and a new sterring column with new ignition barrel.

ALSO GUYS, at the back of the ignition box there is 2 sets of wires, 1 is blue to a connector, and the other is brown & blue to connector, where does this go to ?

Fan Fuse is fine aswell, check that the other day. To be honest guys it hasnt bin used in over 18 months i dont think it will work, probs forgotten how to. my mates guna check if its getting power. Basically im just rebuilding the car bit by bit, are the campus fans the same on the gtt ?

LEE

• Administrator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 00:42, Fri 03 July 2009 »
For the back fire as r5gttraider said check the overboost sensor. As for the fan not cutting in also what r5gttraider said eith rad fan switch, relay or the fuse.
Site Administrator

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 02:26, Fri 03 July 2009 »
i wud check the overboost sensor, probs is i dnt no where it is at all so i cant.

what are the blue & blue/brown wires from the wires that connect to the dials connect to ?

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 19:04, Fri 03 July 2009 »
The over boost sensor is in the short boost hose, from turbo to Intercooler. There will be 2 wires coming off it. Disconnect and tape them and see wheat happens... But make sure the turbo pressure isn't going stupidly high.

jayy.cfg

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 19:36, Fri 03 July 2009 »
oky them, didnt reaslise they was the overboost sensors, i will ave a fiddle around, when u say tap them do u mean dc them tape and put them bk ?