Author Topic: Carb Pipes, Am I doing somthing wrong?  (Read 2080 times)

Tommo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Carb Pipes, Am I doing somthing wrong?
« on: 22:04, Tue 09 June 2009 »
Ive searched till im blue in the face but still can't find the answer to my question.

Im paranoid that the pipes on a car im looking at are wrong.

Here is how it is...

Pipe off the back of the accelerator pump: This is currently rigged up to the plenum.

Large dia pipe towards the base of the carb: This is blanked off, I think its meant to go to the actuator but this car has a sensor pipe off the comp cover.

Small dia pipe sticking out of the big triangular boss, its a pipe without a ridge on it. This is rigged up to the AEI unit. Im not sure about this.

If anyone could confirm these or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Pipes, Am I doing somthing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 22:28, Tue 09 June 2009 »
Quote from: "Tommo"
Small dia pipe sticking out of the big triangular boss, its a pipe without a ridge on it. This is rigged up to the AEI unit. Im not sure about this.

If this is the outlet i'm thinking off then it's wrong. I'm sure you mean the one that is on the right of the carb when looking from the front and it points almost at the rocker cover.

If it is then this needs to be left open. You need an open pipe running from it to somewhere out the way of the exhaust, it's some sort of failsafe should something go wrong internally with the carb then the excess petrol is sent down there.

The pipe for the AEI unit should plug into the small dia outlet on the rear of the inlet manifold, it's in between the larger take offs for the oil breather and master cylinder.

NaylsGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Pipes, Am I doing somthing wrong?
« Reply #2 on: 22:37, Tue 09 June 2009 »
Quote from: "Tommo"

If anyone could confirm these or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

you are right to be unsure of that one! it needs to have a pipe on it but it just vents

Tommo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 07:55, Wed 10 June 2009 »
Cheers lads.

That pipe that seems to be a vent that I was on about attaches to the other side of this thing:

So the only pipes I need on to the carb are the fuel in, and the Acc pump one to the plenum. That other one just wants a pipe to somewhere remote and the big one at the bottom is ok being blanked off.

Thank you.

Tommo

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 09:26, Wed 10 June 2009 »
the middle one goes to the turbo actuator an the lower one goes to the aei.

on the other side it goes to the ac pump and tee's off to the fuel pressure regulator and the standard boost gauge.
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones

Tommo

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 21:40, Wed 10 June 2009 »
Excellent. Thank you very much for that. There is no real substitute for a good picture in these situations.

Whats with the plenum pipes on the right hand side? They are looped to one another on this one I'm looking at as well, im assuming this is just an easy way to blank them off and they do something irrelevant on the standard car?

owe

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 22:07, Wed 10 June 2009 »
its part of the actuator cup mod, its ment to help the turbo spool quicker but i did it really just to tidy the engine bay up a bit

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/faq.php?faq=cupmod
everybody needs to watch this film >>>>>endgame by alex jones