Author Topic: RTOC  (Read 3334 times)

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
RTOC
« on: 21:32, Mon 25 May 2009 »
Hi, just wondering if anyone on here who is also a member of RTOC could tell me if there is many 5s for sale on there at the moment? I am not tight honest but i had planned to sign up when i had bought my 5 to maximise usage. I was hoping to get by using this forum until i purchased one. I love it on here and have heard RTOC is even bigger. I am just wondering if there are many for sale as i might join up earlier in my quest to find one! cheers

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault5gtturbo.co.uk
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 21:36, Mon 25 May 2009 »
ive heard they have a classified section for camels lol, jokes nor am i a member i would imagine theres a few more ,

Mattuce

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 22:37, Mon 25 May 2009 »
There's not that many really!

James5

• Test
  • Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 23:43, Mon 25 May 2009 »
As above not much on there really but how much you looking to spending?

fishead

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 12:28, Tue 26 May 2009 »
the cars that come up on rtoc, usually end up for sale elsewhere any way, as most people already have one.[unless jesus is around  :D ] imo rtoc is a very good place to be an cant recomend it enough, though that is not to take anything away from this site. there are a fair few rtoc members on here, i know james an steve, both are top blokes an are welcome for a cuppa tea anytime, an have no doubt that the help advice they offer is through hard earned experience having spent a fair few hours around these cars

BriC

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 12:33, Tue 26 May 2009 »
I bought a car that someone advertised through RTOC the other day.. I think you will see a fair few ones on their that have been owned by enthusiasts, because it's enthusiasts on RTOC, and if they want to sell their car, they're bound to put it in the classified, because it's free to!

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 22:21, Tue 26 May 2009 »
jame5_gtt: not exactly sure on how much i want to spend. I do have a budget and it is probably upto 2000 but it would have to be the perfect car for me at that cost. ideally would like to spend less than that and be able to do some things i want to it straight away and then build it up and add bits over the next few years. do you know of any decent ones then??

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 23:40, Tue 26 May 2009 »
depends on what your looking for, ie

my cars for sale 2000 , standerd bar alloys , engine works been mostly all done to a good spec, but paint has cosmetic damage,
 or
a very clean shell , for 1500-1800 buts all standerd engine to,

i personally go for engine side as then its done, no point in owning the cleanest car if it blows up all the time

ditchyboy

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 22:44, Wed 27 May 2009 »
i know what your saying but i think engine work and parts can be sourced and fitted by myself for a decent price if i am willing to shop around, ebay / here / ebay etc. But if i get a good engine one with dodgy body it might cost me more and i cannot do bodywork, welding, spraying etc so that seems more daunting to me. im pretty torn at the mo, i would like something inbetween, some main engine parts and decent bodywork with no rot, maybe bits of rust but preferably on replaceable panels, i.e. doore, wings, bonnet etc not where it needs fixing and welding.

r5matt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 23:11, Wed 27 May 2009 »
to get a full repaired shell + blown over usually costs well 2000

engine parts can go well , up to 2k for the fall uprated internals, turbo, 350-1500 depending, exshaust 200, d/p 70 , etc etc yeah ebays ok but you cant fully trust your goods with 100%

like i say THATS my way